Chapter 7: The Match

It was full of people everywhere, but people who were all here for the same thing. To support and watch the club they love. People were pushing through as one bumped into Matt.

“Lo siento!” she said and carried on walking fast.

“She was pretty,” Matt said.

“Who cares?!” Elena screamed ” We are about to see Puyol ,Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, I mean how can you think about that?”

“Ladies man always has time to think about that,” Matt said.

“Wow,” I said in shock.

We all stood there staring into the stadium. It was filling up quickly and already you could see the name Barca in yellow slowing starting to take shape across from us. There was just something about the stadium and the atmosphere. It gave a feeling of togetherness, unity and that for these ninety minutes everyone’s heart beat as one.

“I can understand why they say Camp Nou is one of the hardest stadiums to play at,” I said.

“Yeah just look,” Nate said.

“Guys! They are going to start training soon! We better get to our seats!” Elena said.

“She’s right!” Matt said, ” So where to nerd?” he said as he stared at me.

“Hmm well were in block 110, so we have to go down the stairs there,” I said as I pointed to a flight of stairs. We all rushed and walked down. I could literally feel my legs shaking. I was barely standing up. We walked towards the opening where the seats of the stadium begin. The guard spoke in Spanish and asked for our tickets. We showed him and he pointed to the seats with his hand to the front.

“Gracias!” Elena said.

We all slowly began to walk closer and closer to the pitch.

“No way guys! No way!” Matt screamed.

We were literally in the first row and right next to the tunnel.

“Oh my gosh! This really is crazy!” Elena said.

“Eeeeeeeeeeeee!” I screamed.

“Woooooooo!” Nate screamed.

We all could not believe it. The stadium looked even more beautiful now. Red, blue and yellow everywhere. It was truly magical. We were all part of the first match of the season. There was no word that could describe our emotions. Just then it was announced on the speaker that the players are coming out to train.

“Oh my gosh guys this is it!” Elena screamed.

Before we knew it we were all screaming. The four of us with the rest of the crowd as the players began to come on to the field.

“Oh my god! It’s them! PUUUUUYYYYOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!” Elena scremed.

“VIIIIILLLLLLAAAAAA!!!! MEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSIIIIII!!!! AAAAFFFFEEELLLLLLAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!” I screamed.

“XAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII” Matt scremed.

“VIIIIIIISSSSSSCCCCCCCAAAAA  BAAAAAARRRRRRCCCCCAAAA!” Nate screamed.

We were all going crazy. Screaming all the player’s names. Then they announced that Fabregas would be coming on the filed.  The entire crowd of Camp Nou roared with praise as he stepped onto the field. He looked up at everyone smiling. There was no doubt he believed he was home. (no offense to the gunner fans :P)

“Holy crap! It’s Fabregas right in front of us!” Matt screamed.

“I know!” I said.

Fabregas went to go join the rest of the team and Gerard hit his head affectionatly as all the Barcelona players smiled. They began running across the field to warm up.