Chapter 50: Alexis, Hector, Matt

Cesc and I jumped a bit from shock.

“No wonder you’re taking so long to “go to the bathroom”, Jade is here,” Alexis said smiling at me.

“Hi Alexis,” I said with a smile.

“Hi Jade,” he said with his sparkling eyes.

“Alexis is right, I should return to practice,” Cesc said and I quickly turned my attention back to Cesc.

“I’ll see you later Jade,” Cesc said getting up from the chair  and giving me a small quick smile.

“Cesc,” I called after him before he left. He turned around to look at me.

“I’m here if you need me,” I told him.

“I know,” he said with a genuine smile as he left.

“So you and Cesc huh?” Alexis asked me the minute we couldn’t see Cesc.

“What? No, we’re just friends,” I told him.

“Really?” he asked me playfully.

“Yes really, I just get on with him well,” I told him.

“And you don’t get on with me?” he asked still playful.

“Well I don’t know you as well as Cesc,” I said honestly.

“Hmm you’re right, you should get to know me,” he said sitting in front of me.

“Yeah well I heard you had an interesting incident with Demi,” I told him. His smile faded a bit.

“Well I heard Cesc gave you some gifts,” he said back.

“How do you know that?” I asked him. Did Cesc tell everyone before he gave them to me?

“What did she tell you?” he asked.

“What did he tell you?” I asked him.

“I asked you first and it’s ladies first so it seems like you have to talk first,” he said smiling. It really was hard to resist that smile.

“Not much,” I said and he looked at me expecting more.

“She mentioned your ex-girlfriend came by,” I said to him.

“Yeah, she uh, Demi just helped me out,” he said.

“Yeah that sounds like her. What did she do?” I said

“She pretended to be my current girlfriend,” he said.

“And?” I asked.

“And that’s all,” he said. I was disappointed, I thought he would tell me more. I knew Demi didn’t tell us everything that happened.

“So I heard he got you a yellow rose and a pen holder,” Alexis said to me. I was shocked that he knew the exact gifts.

“Is this what the great Barcelona players talk about in the locker room? Gifts that Cesc gives to people?” I asked.

“We all wondered why he gave you a yellow rose,” he said looking at me.

“What do you mean we?” I asked him wondering who else besides him.

“We, as in many of the players in the locker room,” he paused, “Including Villa who I’m told is your favorite,” winking at me. My mouth dropped open. My favorite soccer player in the world, David Villa, was discussing what his team mate Cesc Fabregas has given to a worker at the club. What?!

“So? Why did he give you a yellow rose? We are all very confused,” Alexis said casually. I shook my head to get back into thinking normally.

“It’s my favorite,” I told him.