Chapter 30: Did not expect that

AN: Hey guys! Thanks for reading my story :) The full story is on my tumblr page (internsinbarca@tumblr.com) there are about 95 chapters on there and the story is still continuing :p I'll keep updating the story here but if you would like to read more chaps, please head over there :)

“See? I told you the club needs you,” I heard an all too familiar voice say.

“Cesc!” I shouted in shock.

“I thought I would come see how you’re doing,” Cesc said.

“Really?” I asked totally stunned that he came to check on me. Maybe just to see if you’re working here, wait is that not still checking on me? Too much thinking Jade.

“Well that, and I brought you this,” he said motioning to the take away coffee cup in his hand as he walked towards my desk. My eyes filled with happiness as he set down the cup on my desk. I smelt it and it smelt so good.

“I thought it would be nice if you could have it without it being spilt on you,” he said jokingly.

“Thank you so much, you didn’t have to,” I said graciously and I meant it. Just coming to see me was nice enough.

“But I wanted to,” he said. I was probably smiling like an idiot but I couldn’t care. Actually Jade you do care.

“So how are you?” I asked him quickly stopping my inner fangirl that he was clearly enjoying as his eyes were full of amusement.

“I’m good, but how are you?” he said slowly as he came around the desk to see what I was doing.What are you busy with?” he asked as he looked at the screen.

“I have to analyze Barca’s match history against Real Sociedad,” I said.

“Hmm,” he said hovering behind my chair. Normally if this was happening with a Barca player I would be completely nervous but I wasn’t with Cesc for some reason. Great so Nate is right, what does it mean? I turned to look at him.

“Was Afellay in training today?” I asked thinking about him. Cesc gave me a shrewd smile.

“Ahh yes, don’t ask me how was my training was, just ask about Afellay, I assume you want to know about Leo as well?” he said teasing me.

“I’m just asking because he was injured and didn’t play on Saturday. Plus, I asked you how are you,” I said.

“Just asking?” he said looking at me and I could see he knew I wasn’t “just asking.” I obviously was desperate to know. “Right. And you asked me how I am, not how my training was,” he said.

“Ok, fine. Cesc how was training today?” I asked him.

“Oh, now you want to know?” he said as if before I didn’t care. I could tell he was kidding and he answered quickly. “Nothing much you know, same thing as always,” he said as I gave him a puzzled look.

“What?” Cesc asked me looking at my expression.

“You complain I don’t ask about your training session and that’s how you answer?” I asked him. He just shrugged.

“You know I was playing around with you,” he said as if I should know him by now. “But because I know you are wondering about your crush, yes, Afellay was at training and he seems fine. Leo was his normal self and is probably still training now,” he said as I nodded, “So any more questions about the players of Barcelona? Alexis perhaps?” he said now teasing me. I hoped that I wasn’t blushing at this point so I decided to change the conversation and thought about the fight I had with Elena.