Chapter 34: Friends...

“I am tired. Meetings are more draining that you would think,” Matt said collapsing on his chair.

“Yeah I know,” Demi said walking in with him. Nate and I were already in the office.

“Yeah well at least you guys have meetings. I’m in this office most of the day,” I said to them.

“Yeah but let’s see, you sit in an office for two days and in those two days the players of Barca come to see you. Yeah real bad being in here,” Demi said sarcastically.

“It’s only been two days!?” Nate said.

“Wow time is quite slow I guess,” Matt said. Just then Elena came through the door. She didn’t look at me still upset at what I had said.

“Well, well, well if it isn’t the girl who received a million red roses,” Matt said to her.

“I can’t believe he sent that to you,” Nate said after Demi had explained what happened to the both of them.

“It’s unfair actually. I mean Jade gets coffee, you roses, what about us? Hmm maybe Messi will send us his shirt,” Matt said.

“Yeah right,” Demi said, “And I haven’t gotten anything.”

“Yet. Face it you’re bound to get something, you’re a girl,” Nate said. They then noticed that Elena had not said anything and all looked at her. They then looked at me who at that point, decided to be very focused on my laptop screen. They could sense the tension between us and knew something had happened between us.

“Ok what did you two have a fight about?” Matt said bluntly. “Was it Marc,” he said jokingly but he didn’t know how right he was.

“Good guess,” Elena said coldly as Matt’s expression quickly changed. I could tell that was directed straight to me.

“Elena I’m-,” I began to say.

“Sorry? Look Jade, this is the second time we’re arguing about the same issue, we have different views,” she said assertively.

“Yeah but we spoke,” Demi said to her.

“And? Who’s side are you on?” Elena asked.

“There is no need to take sides,” Nate said as he came and walked over to me. “What happened?” he asked me quietly but with everyone talking I couldn’t explain it to him now.

“You know Jade worries a lot, she just wants what’s best for you,” Demi said.

“And what if I don’t know yet? I have to find out somehow and not allowing me to at least try is not fair,” Elena said and she was right. I had this feeling but what if I was the one that was wrong. I didn’t know Marc that well, maybe he honestly cared about her. I wanted to believe that but there was this small feeling that would not allow me. But I had too. At least for Elena, she’s my best friend and best friends support each other no matter what.

“Wait, you mean this is all about Marc and Elena?” Matt asked now beginning to understand.

“It’s a bit more complicated than that,” Demi said.

“No she’s right,” I said as everyone turned to look at me, “Elena you have a point. I’m sorry it’s just I do worry about everything and I’m sorry. I’ll support you in this,” I said to her. Her expression changed and I could tell she dropped her guard as a small smile began to form on her face.

“Thanks Jade. I know it doesn’t make sense but like you said yesterday, I have a right to dream,” she said. Me and my mouth. She used my own words against me. Clearly too much time with Matt. I would support her but it didn’t mean I wouldn’t check up on Marc. Cesc had something to tell me and I was going to find out what it is.