Chapter 92: Confusion

Hey guys! Just have a question for all of you :)

 LYGD was never meant to be a long story and I havent updated it in ages. I was thinking of re-posting it with a different character instead of Tello. I know he wasn't that popular so let me know if you have anyone in mind (maybe Neymar?) it doesnt have to be a football player, i write others too (Teen Wolf and Vampire Diaries, even 1d back in the day :P

So leave a comment and let me know!

The three of us were silent for a few seconds just staring at each other. Finally Ibrahim spoke.

"Jade, I thought you were still busy with work," he said stiffly and I could see he felt confused but hurt as well. I didn't want to be honest with myself but I knew if Ibrahim didn't walk in when he did, something would have happened.

"I am," I said quickly.

"Yeah, I, uh," Cesc said thinking of an explanation.

"Came to speak to me about changing his position in the team. His role," I quickly said trying to think of an excuse.

"Oh," Ibrahim said but he wasn't convinced at all.

"Why did you come speak to Jade? Shouldn't you speak to Pep or Tito?" Ibrahim asked staring at Cesc. I could tell he knew we were lying.

"Well yeah but Jade does analysis's." he said.

"Yeah but she's just an intern," he said harshly. "For those decisions it would make sense to speak to someone higher."

"Yeah but they took Jade's advice for the last game so maybe she's more than an intern after all," Cesc said slightly forcefully and it was clear there was tension between the two.

"Cesc, you should-," I said as he completed my sentence.

"Go. I know, I'll see you," he said as he walked out reluctantly. The second Cesc left I could feel Ibrahim's judgemental gaze on me. I didn't blame him one bit. What was I thinking?! This is not who I am. I almost cheated and it was something I swore I would never do. Did this make me as bad as my ex who did the same to me? How was I now different to him? Yes I didn't commit the act but I didn't stop myself from doing it either. This relationship that Cesc and I had was getting too confusing. Ibrahim is my boyfriend now and he's the one that I need to spend time with.

"Jade what-," he said but I cut him off.

"Let's go out," I said spontaneously and he looked at me confused.

"I thought you have work to finish," he said a bit stunned at my change in expression.

"I don't have much left," I lied, "I know you really wanted to go for dinner."

"You sure?" he asked me wondering what caused me to suggest that.

"Yeah," I said reassuringly .

"Well ok, since we have a lot to talk about," he said and I knew exactly what he wanted to talk about.

We were both silent in the car. Every time I wanted to say something I stopped myself. I knew making small talk was a stupid idea and anything I said, I'm sure Ibrahim would just give me a quick one word answer. Eventually we got to a very popular and expensive restaurant. I felt a bit out of place because I really wasn't dressed for this type of restaurant. Despite everything, Ibrahim still came to open my door. That was the thing about him, he was still a gentleman. He grabbed my hand as we walked towards the entrance. I noticed some guys with cameras and I instantly dropped his hand and ran down the street away from them. Ibrahim ran after me and caught up with me quickly, after all he ran much more than I did. I could tell he was angry as he grabbed my hand to stop me running any further.