Freckles

One of Castiel's favorite hobbies was watching Dean Winchester sleep.

Yes, he knew how creepy it sounded.

But he couldn't help it. The hunter just looked so...peaceful when he slept. All of the stress and horror of Dean's daily life and everything he had witnessed clouded his face during the day, but all of it went away when he was sleeping soundly.

Dean didn't like Cas watching him at first, but after they started dating, the Winchester got used to it and almost enjoyed it. He liked waking up to Cas's blue eyes and his adorable face staring at him.

He liked the way as would look at him, as if he were the most precious and perfect thing in all existence, even though he was a wreck.

Whatever the angel saw in him that made him stare this way, Dean had no idea.

"Cas," he asked one day, as they were lying in Dean's bed. "Why do you love me?" The angel had frowned.

"I don't know." he admitted. "I've always loved you. Even before we met, I loved you, and I loved watching you grow up and the way your soul was. You were just...perfect to me." Dean furrowed his eyebrows.

"You were watching over me before we met?" His mother's words flashed in the back of his mind. Angels are watching over you.

"Of course Dean. I've always been watching you. You're my favorite human." 

Cas smiled, and poked at Dean's face.

"Who do you think gave you all those freckles?" he asked.