Three Dads

It's no secret that Jack has three fathers, and none of them are Lucifer. Sam, Dean, and Cas are always there for the kid, whether they'll admit it or not. But Jack finds that even though all three of them love him, he treats them all a little differently.

Cas is the father Jack trusts. He trusts him with his life. Castiel swore to protect him, and he's always delivered on that promise. Cas is the one Jack trusts to protect him, and to always make sure he's okay. If he had to pick one of his Dads to fight beside him in battle, Jack would always pick Castiel, because he knows Cas will fight tooth and nail for Jack and won't let anything bad happen to him. That's why Cas is the one Jack trusts the most. If he's scared or he feels unsafe, Jack will go to Cas because Cas knows how to help him, even if the angel doesn't realize it. Castiel is the one Jack goes to when he has nightmares, because he knows Cas will calm him down, reassure him, and make sure he doesn't have a bad dream for the rest of the night. Jack trusts Cas more than anyone, and the angel knows nearly all of the kid's secrets. But he's good at keeping quiet, and he's loyal. Cas is the father Jack can always count on to be there to protect him.

Sam is the father Jack goes to for advice. He trusts Sam Winchester's judgement more than anyone else's. He can always count on Sam to know the right choice to make, and to take the greater good into account while doing so. Sam is the one Jack goes to when he's confused, or he doesn't understand, because he knows Sam will explain it to him with a smile. Sam is the one Jack brings nearly all of his questions too, because even though Cas has been alive for centuries, Jack trusts Sam's knowledge more. Sam never steers him wrong, and Jack counts on him to always know the answer, or at least find a way to get one. From random book facts to the ancient lore of vampires, Jack knows Sam will have the right response. He always picks the right choice, and that's why Jack goes to him for advice. Sam is the father Jack can always count on to put him back on the right path.

Dean is the father Jack looks up to. He's the one who teaches Jack how to really live life. Jack can always rely on Dean to teach him the dirty details of the world, and never sugarcoat anything. Dean is who Jack wants to be. Someone who can do it all- fight monsters, look at lore, and still have fun in between. Dean is the one Jack goes to when he doesn't think Sam or Cas will understand. Whenever he needs advice on girls or something that would be too weird to talk to Sam about, he goes to Dean. Whenever he wants to learn a new way to protect and defend himself, and he doesn't want Cas to worry, he goes to Dean. And what Jack loves about Dean is that he'll do it, no questions asked. Dean's the one who taught him to drive and how amazing burgers taste. Dean never questions Jack's reasoning, he just goes with it, and sometimes that's exactly what Jack needs. Someone that will help him grow, and not ask why. Dean is the father Jack can always count on to understand him.

But while they all have their individual roles in Jack's mind, he needs all three of them. He loves his fathers, and it wouldn't be the same if one of them was gone. Everyone in Jack's little family has a role to play, and he thinks it's perfect the way it is.

That's why Jack says he has three dads.

That's why Jack calls them his family.

That's why Jack says he's a Winchester.

Because Sam, Cas, and Dean make him feel that way, and even if those three will never truly admit it, Jack knows. He knows they love him back just as much as he loves them.

And that's enough for him.