Castiel and Crowley

A/N: If anybody wants any more Part 2's or Part 3 of any of my oneshots, let me know. I'm running low on parts left in this books, so I'd like to get in anymore part 2's people want :)

Castiel and Crowley agree on very little. That much is obvious. And they also don't tell the Winchester boys everything, naturally. If Sam and Dean hide the truth from each other so often, why can't Cas and Crowley do the same to them?

But there are a couple things that Cas and Crowley, although they disagree, they have similar views on. They just can't help it. For instance,

-They both agree that being human is better than being an angel or demon. Even with the power ups, being a supernatural being just isn't the same. They miss the feelings. They still have them, but it's just not the same.

-They both agree that Dean Winchester is hot, but he's also a small temperamental child that they need to keep an eye on 24/7. They glance away for one second and BOOM, he's murdered Death himself. Gotta keep him on a short leash.

But the main issue that Cas and Crowley have discussed that Sam and Dean are entirely unaware of is the Winchester parents, and their standings in the afterlife.

Mary and John Winchester were complicated people. And the afterlife for humans is split into two- good goes up, bad goes down- but their placement in that system is debatable.

Take John Winchester, for starters.

A complicated man with a complicated life. Neglected and abused his children while lost in himself and driven mad by grief and a hunger for vengeance. But also a kind man, who saved innocents, loved his wife and deep down cared for his sons, and when the time came to make a choice, he chose to be selfless and sacrifice everything he had worked for for the sake of his family's survival.

And yet, he currently resides in hell for having made a deal with Azazel. 

Crowley hates that. He doesn't think John Winchester deserves hell. There are worse people sitting pretty in heaven while this man suffers for eternity. He made a deal, yes, but Azazel is gone now. Crowley's in charge, and Crowley says that John Winchester, and other hunters that made deals for the good, don't deserve to be in hell.

He can't say that to other demons, of course. They'd kill him for it, throw him from the throne, mock him for going soft and saying that the Winchesters ultimately corrupted him.

But he can say it to Castiel.

Castiel, who has a very different opinion on John Winchester.

Cas has seen the side of John that Crowley doesn't know. He saw it when he built Dean Winchester back together, and he sees its lingering effects in Sam and Dean on a daily basis. He knows the darker side of John Winchester. The man that screamed at an innocent eight year old for not doing a better job, who robbed two boys of their childhood and their innocence at far too young an age. The guy who drove Sam and Dean around the country, slowly imprinting on them that you could never say the words "I love you" and could never express your true feelings. 

The man that wouldn't let his son escape to school and have a better life.

The man that never gave Dean the choice to find a better life.

If there's one place Castiel knows John Winchester belongs, it's in hell, good deeds be damned.

And thus comes Crowley and Castiel's agreement.

John Winchester.  A man too good for hell, but too bad for heaven.

They let him decide one day, unable to do nothing. You can choose, sometimes, whether you are worthy of heaven, even if the angels disagree. So they let John Winchester pick where he belonged.

He went back to hell, believing that he wasn't worthy of heaven.

And while Crowley thought that made him more worthy, Castiel said they were to let it be. If John felt he needed to be punished, then they would let him.

And then came Mary Winchester.

A complicated woman with a life even more complicated than her husband's. Loved her life and her family, hated the life she escaped and was forced back into. A woman that grew to accept what she had lost and started over, being the mother Sam and Dean had always needed, to an extent. Grew to love the devil's son, grew to ignore what awful things her loved ones had done. Grew into the little broken family Sam and Dean called home. But when the time came to make a choice, she chose to be selfish. To let the people her boys loved so dearly die, to sacrifice her own children's survival for the sake of a stupid mission.

And yet, Mary Winchester currently resided in heaven.

Crowley thought Mary Winchester was deserving of hell. That she was a horrible mother, and all horrible mothers deserved to rot. She was willing to let everyone die, she was more than willing to sit by Cas's side and watch Cas die even though she had the ability to fix it, couldn't the angel agree that a person like that deserved to be punished? She appeared good and pure on the outside, but Crowley knew she was horrid on the inside. 

She was the woman that had told an innocent child there was something wrong with him, that his family hated him. 

The person that was willing to let everyone die for a stupid gun, and left when her sons needed her most.

Who betrayed and betrayed, and yet, her family always took her back.

Castiel didn't know what to think. He did not think Mary Winchester was worthy of heaven. Not like her sons were. But he also didn't think she was nearly awful enough to be condemned to hell. She had done bad things, yes, but she had also tried. Mary had been there, once she had found herself, she had been there. She had accepted him as family, maybe not in her heart, but she had at least had the decency to act kind to his face. She spoke her mind, and while that had hurt Jack, she couldn't help it.

She didn't deserve hell for not having as big a heart as others did.

And thus came the argument.

Mary Winchester. A woman too bad for heaven, too good for hell.

They let her decide too, and Castiel hoped that she would choose the same way John did. Acknowledge your life's mistakes, agree to pay for them. 

He was wrong. 

Mary thought she was worthy of heaven, and that's where she went. She didn't believe the things she had done counted as mistakes.

Her death and the things she had said to Jack? His fault, not hers.

The incident? She had been in the right. The mission came first. And hey, it had all worked out okay in the end, no use being upset about it.

Castiel left that argument fully agreeing with Crowley.

Mary Winchester deserved hell. 

But Sam and Dean would never agree. They couldn't, and they had been promised that Mary was happy and peaceful in heaven. And so Cas had to let it go, keep it that way.

He and Crowley vowed not to tell the boys their true thoughts. It would only anger them further. 

But the fate of Mary Winchester became something the pair could always agree on after that. 

John's fate? Not so much.

And we're not even going to talk about the arguments they had over who got to date Dean.