Snow!

A/N: Swearing warning

It had snowed a whole foot in Lebanon, Kansas, and Cas and Jack were freaking out.

You see, Jack had never experienced snow before. Never seen it before, didn't know what it was, or what to do with it.

Cas knew what snow was. He loved it. Dean had explained it to him a few years back, and while he still did not understand the concept of snow angels or why three snowballs on top of each other made a snowman- he still loved snow.

So Cas and Jack were very excited to inform Sam and Dean of the weather when they noticed the ground.

"SAM!" Jack pounced on the moose like a child on Christmas. "There's stuff outside! And it's white and it looks fluffy and Cas said it's called snow! What's snow? Why do we have snow? Cas says it's really fun- why is snow fun? What are snow angels? Do we hunt those? Is an army of snow angels going to attack the town? SAAAAAAMMMMM!" The hunter blinked at him.

"Um," He rubbed at his eyes. "Coffee. Then questions."

"Okay, I'll go see if Cas has gotten Dean awake yet!" Jack bolted out of the room.

Cas knew better than to startle Dean awake. The guy would scream and pull a gun on you. Dean was a bear in the morning- Cas would know- and he was to be carefully roused. 

So the angel crawled into bed next to a sleeping Dean and wrapped his arms around him.

"Dean," He whispered into the hunter's ear, his eyes wide with excitement.

"Hm?"

"You need to wake up."

"Mph."

"There's snow outside."

"So?"

"So Jack has never seen snow. He doesn't know what it is."

".....Please tell me he's not going to ask about snow the same way you did."

".....I don't know what you mean."

"...Sure. Okay. I'm up."

"Really?"

"Yeah," Dean opened his eyes and Cas grinned.

"Great! I'll go make coffee; you and Sam will need it."

"Let me guess- Jack was sent to wake up Sam."

"Yep."

"I know I should feel sorry for the moose, but I don't."

"I know."

******

Ten minutes later, the Winchesters were sipping coffee as Jack chatted about snow and they answered his questions.

"I don't understand why snowmen require carrot noses," Cas declared. "Human noses rarely resemble carrots."

"It's because of Frosty," Dean explained.

"I don't understand him either. How can a magic hat bring a snowman to life? And if it did, then it's probably because the hat is a cursed object, and the snowman's existence would be forever miserable because it was never meant to be alive."

"It's just a kids story, Cas."

"But a snowman isn't even shaped like a real person! If it came to life, it wouldn't be able to walk, I doubt sticks would make good arms- it'd be like that Teddy bear you encountered, and it would most likely beg for death, just to put out of its misery. That wouldn't befriend children, it would traumatize them." They stared at him.