Sariel's Paperwork

Heaven kept a record of everyone. Everyone that had ever lived and had ever died. They recorded their name, the dates they had lived, and then sent them into their own little heaven to relive their best memories for the rest of eternity. Simple.

Except that someone was responsible for writing down the names of everyone who came to heaven and marking down the years they had lived.

Sariel was a low ranking angel in heaven, and years were his full time job. It was his goal to type out the years everyone had lived, and attach it on a neat little sign below every human's name on the door to their heaven. They only bothered to record those that went to heaven, figuring Hell had its own system.

It was a simple task until the Winchesters got involved. 

It was amazing how many different scenarios that sentence you be used with too.

The Winchesters were the people that drove Sariel insane.

"Sariel!" One of the angels called, dumping a stack of papers on his desk. "Here's the list of today's deaths, I need their years sorted out immediately."

"Yes Naomi," Sariel insisted, picking up the first paper and getting to work. Every paper had the basic information on someone who had just died. Their name, lifespan, reason for death, and location. When Sariel's work was done, he passed the papers along to another low ranking angel so that they could fill out the names. Sariel glanced down at the first paper.

Name: Samuel Winchester

Cause of Death: Stabbed in the back.

Born: May 2nd, 1983.

Dead: May 10th, 2007.

"1983 to 2007," Sariel recorded, typing out a strip of paper. He noted Samuel Winchester on the back, and moved on.

*****

Name: Dean Winchester

Cause of Death: Shot in the chest.

Born: January 24th, 1979.

Dead: February 14th, 2008.

Sariel vaguely remembered the name Winchester, but he thought nothing of it, recorded the death, and picked up the next page.

Name: Dean Winchester.

Cause of Death: Struck by car.

Sariel blinked. Sure, there was a rare occasion when two people with the same name died on the same day. After all, dozens of people had the same name.

Born: January 14th, 1979.

....But how many of them had the same birthday? Sariel picked up the next piece of paper.

Name: Dean Winchester.

Cause of Death: Crushed by desk.

What the hell? Sariel flipped through the stack of papers in front of him.

Name: Dean Winchester

Cause of Death: Choking.

Name: Dean Winchester

Cause of Death: Laceration to the head caused by slip and fall.

Name: Dean Winchester

Cause of Death: Food poisoning.

 Name: Dean Winchester

Cause of Death: Electrocution.