The Pharmacy

A/N: I don't know why I called this book something as generic as Destiel oneshots when a lot of these are just general Supernatural oneshots in a realm where Destiel exists, but anyway here's a oneshot about Jo and Dean and Cas because I've been sitting on this cringey idea for awhile so fudge it

Jo Harvelle and Dean Winchester were best friends. Had been since birth, all the way up to now in high school.

And not like BFF best friends; like 'we are literally siblings in every way but blood and I will die or kill for you the second you ask' best friends. Brothers from another mother, except that Jo was a girl, and Mary Winchester sucked.

And that meant that whenever one of them had a problem, the other dropped everything to help. Jo had done that recently for Dean, when he had needed help getting a date with Cas Novak, so now it was Dean's turn to do a favor for her, and unfortunately, she needed a big one at the moment.

Jo was laying on her bed having an internal, and nearly external, crisis. She was late. How could she have been SO STUPID? She figured it was just her luck. You spend one night with Ash and end up paying for it for the rest of your life. And granted, she hadn't been ENTIRELY stupid. She was on birth control. Was it really her fault that Ash hadn't held up his side, and that those stupid pills didn't always work?

But she also wasn't sure. Being late wasn't always a death sentence. Sometimes it was just nature freaking out. But she had to check.

But telling Ellen Harvelle you needed to borrow the car to go buy a pregnancy test was not something you did and lived to tell the tale of. So Jo did the only thing she could. She called Dean.

"Sup Harvelle?" The handsome teenager answered immediately.

"I need a favor." She began.

"Name it."

"I need you to buy something for me and bring it to me. I'll pay you back when you get here."

"Now?"

"Yes."

"Okay, what do you need?" Jo paused.

"....Don't freak out." She ordered.

"I won't freak out."

"Yes you will."

"Unless you're asking me to buy you some sort of drug- and I could get them if you needed it- I'm not going to freak out."

"I need you to buy me a pregnancy test." Silence. Dead silence. She couldn't even hear Dean breathing on the other end of the line.

"....I'll be right there." There was a click as Dean hung up the phone, and Jo buried her face in a pillow. Oh yeah. Dean was going to raise hell on her, likely in a way that would challenge Ellen's wrath.

****

Dean drove to the nearest pharmacy store, assuming that any place he bought condoms from would likely also have pregnancy tests. Didn't the two kind of go hand in hand?

Well, not true, he thought. If you used one, you weren't supposed to need the other.

He wandered the aisle, frowning at the thought. Jo was the most responsible person his age that he knew. How could she be irresponsible in this way, of all things? And if she was knocked up, then it would have to be with Ash's baby, which would only make minor poker night at Harvelle's bar more awkward. 

And speaking of Harvelle, Ellen would lose her fucking mind. Dean had no doubt about that. He was getting chills just thinking about it. But there was the possibility that this was a false alarm, but since he wasn't sure, Dean walked a bit quicker. He knew Jo had to be panicking, and desperate if she had asked him to bring her a test. The sooner they got this over with, the better for everyone involved.