Happy Birthday Dean Winchester

January 24th. The day the world was graced with Dean Winchester.

Too bad the salty hunter hated celebrating it.

The Winchesters were never one for celebrating anything, whether it was holidays, birthdays, or victories. But Mary was still learning that.

And besides, birthdays were a special occasion. While they never had a party, Sam and Dean always made sure they did something a little special for their brother. Neither one of them ever asked for anything or said anything about it, but the other just knew to do it.

Like today, for instance.

"Jack, Cas, c'mere," Sam urged. The angel and the nephlilm obliged, looking curious. It was early in the morning, but since Sam was an early riser and Cas and Jack rarely slept, they were awake.  "I need you to sign this." He pulled out a small card.

"What's it for?" Jack asked.

"It's Dean's birthday," Sam explained. 

"It is?" Jack questioned. "How come he didn't say anything?"

"Because he hates his birthday, but I always ignore that fact and do stuff for him anyways. So sign the card."

"Were we supposed to get him gifts?" Cas asked. "I heard it was customary for humans to recieve gifts on their birthday, although I'm not sure why you celebrate the day that you forced your way out of-"

"OKAY!" Sam cut him off. "Yes, people normally get gifts, but Dean and I don't normally give each other presents, and if we do, it's something small that we usually bought from the gas station, and Dean's perfectly fine with that."

"I didn't get him anything," Jack looked guilty.

"That's okay," Sam insisted. "I got him a pie, we can all jump on that."

"Alright," Jack and Cas agreed. They signed the card.

"Now," Sam grinned. "Time to wake up the birthday boy."

"I'll do it!" Jack volunteered, already heading down the hall.

"Jack, wait! Remember what happened last time!" Cas warned, rushing after him, Sam followed closely, grinning.

The three boys burst into Dean's room and promptly pounced on the bed. Cas ended up flopped near Dean's head, and Jack and Sam were flopped on the rest of the bed as they jumped on it and shook Dean awake.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" They sang.

"Oh please no," Dean complained, but he was smiling.

"Just think, Dean," Cas commented. "Exactly forty years ago, you were born, and the earth was graced with the most wonderful person ever."

"If by most wonderful you mean the most stubborn and biggest classic rock fan." Jack corrected.

"If by stubborn you mean a giant overprotective, pie eating squirrel." Sam went on. 

"No, I mean wonderful. As in practically perfect in every way that counts." Cas declared. 

"If you insist," Dean offered. "There. You wished me Happy birthday. Now let's never speak of it again."

"HMMMMMM, NO." Sam declared. "It's your birthday, and we're gonna remind you of it all day."

"Yeah, Dean! Come on!" Jack urged. "It's your birthday, and that means you can get away with a lot."

"Very true," Sam agreed. "What do you want to get away with on your birthday?" Dean shrugged.

"I don't know." He admitted. "Hadn't thought about that."