Band Geeks

Set in AU

Dean Winchester was the new kid at Lawrence High, and he doomed any chance he had at popularity with one simple little decision.

He signed up for band.

Dean played the guitar, and he was pretty good, and joining band was far better then making pottery in art class, in his opinion. But band in Lawrence High was social suicide. Only the nerds and geeks joined it.

But Dean didn't know that at first.

"Dean Winchester?" A voice behind him asked. Dean turned, only for his eyes to widen at the sight of a shockingly cute boy with blue eyes and dark hair.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I'm Castiel Novak; I'm supposed to walk you through your schedule and show you around today, if that's okay." Dean smirked.

"Buddy, you can show me around anywhere at any time." Castiel blushed slightly.

"Come on," He led Dean out the office. "What's your first class?"

So Cas led him from class to class, showing him around the school. Slowly, the two started to become friends, chatting back and forth.

"What do you have next?" Castiel asked.

"Band," Dean offered, looking at his schedule. Castiel stopped dead.

"YOU have BAND?" He questioned.

"Um, yeah? What's wrong with that?" Cas looked like he had won the lottery.

"That's perfect! I have band too- what instrument do you play?"

"The guitar."

"I play piano. Well, in that case, we should really head to the band room so we're not late."

"But band doesn't start til three." Dean frowned. Cas laughed.

"Oh Dean. Band class starts at 3. The band geeks start at 2:30."

******

Dean quite understand what Cas meant, until they entered the band room and were greeted with total insanity.

A scrawny kid was marching around the room, playing Timmy Trumpet's Freaks as everyone else flipped out.

There was a red headed girl standing on a chair and brandishing a flute like a sword, dueling with a boy with a clarinet.

A blonde girl was writing on the board, a short boy was going nuts on the drums. Some poor teen had been stuffed in a band locker, and there was a boy lying on top of the chairs, playing the Wii theme on the trumpet.

There was also a girl dangling from the ceiling, and Dean was pretty sure he didn't want to know how she had gotten up there.

"Welcome to band," Cas said with a smile before making his way over to the piano. Dean followed him mindlessly, still in awe.

"Where;s the band instructor?" He asked, confused on how anyone would let a class be this crazy.

"Who- Bobby? Oh he doesn't care what we do as long as we're ready to rehearse by 3." Cas offered. "Wanna meet some band geeks?"

"Sure." Dean grinned. "As long as they're all as awesome as you." Cas blushed.

"Well, I can't vouch for that," He insisted. "But they're pretty cool. You'll see." Cas sat down at the piano and started playing something. "This is the easiest way to get their attention."

"I know this song!" Dean declared, and he sang along with the piano. "Sweeeeeet, Caroline-"

"BUM BUM BUM!!!!!" The whole band exploded, instantly stopping whatever they were doing and whipping their heads towards the piano.