Fatherly Advice

Set after the events of 14x16, "Don't Go Into The Woods"

Jack had messed up. Messed up bad, and he knew it. He hadn't meant to hurt Stacy, and it's not like she died! She was okay!

She, Max, and Eliot would definitely never speak to him again, but she was okay, at least. That's what mattered.

And yet, Jack knew it was his powers that were to blame for it in the first place. He hadn't meant to hurt anyone. He had just wanted to make some friends. He hadn't realized that it would backfire in his face so badly.

And then Sam and Dean returned and admitted that they left him behind because of his powers. That only confirmed Jack's thoughts. He needed to learn how to control them. Until he did that, he was dangerous. Dangerous to his family.

"What about everything else? You good? I mean, anything happen while we were gone?" Sam had asked him, completely oblivious to everything that had gone down. Jack thought about telling him. Telling him that he had talked to the kids Sam and Dean had told the truth to, and that he had taught them more about monsters and how to fight them.

...And that he had nearly killed one of them by accident with his powers and a wrongly timed step forward.

But Jack didn't want to see the look on Sam's face when he realized what Jack had done. How he had used his powers, and people had gotten hurt. How Jack couldn't control them. It would only add fuel to the fire.

"No," Jack said, trying to sound convincing and innocent. "Nothing."

"Good," Sam smiled at him, and he had walked away.

Jack hadn't realized that lying to Sam would be that easy. He didn't like it, lying to his fathers. To his family, the people that he trusted. Especially to Sam, who always had faith in him. He always went to Sam for advice, knowing he could count on him to help him make the right choice, but keeping this from him just felt wrong.

But it's not like Jack could tell Dean. Dean had always been wary of him and his powers. Sure, they were fine now. Dean was just as much Jack's father as Sam and Cas were, but Dean was different. Dean wasn't the right person to tell about this, and Jack didn't want to disappoint Sam with it. The Winchesters had gone through enough. They didn't need him adding to the mess.

So Jack sat and waited for Cas to come home. But, of course, as soon as the angel returned, it was near impossible to get him alone. Cas had been on some angel business since before Sam and Dean had gone on their hunt, and he hadn't returned until now. That meant that he arrived, waved hi to Jack and Sam, and then Dean practically kidnapped him for the rest of the time.

Sam and Jack were fine with that. They just watched movies and added to the Destiel fanfiction they were writing.

Yes, they write fanfiction. In a leather bound journal, to be exact. It's hidden amongst the books in the bunker's library, where they know Dean will never find it. Sam has even added it to the card catalogue, under the word Gay.

But once the Winchesters were asleep, Cas roamed the bunker by himself. It was then that Jack decided to seek him out and tell him.

He could trust Cas with this. Cas understood what it was like to have power, to not know how to control it. He would understand Jack's problem and help him to fix, while also understand that he made and fixed a mistake. Cas was logical like that. Jack knew he had done something wrong and he felt incredibly guilty for that. Cas would see that, and acknowledge that he didn't need to be yelled at. He had already learned his lesson the hard way.

Jack found the angel in the library, reading from a leather bound journal.

"Cas?" He started. Cas promptly snapped the book shut and dropped it on the table, attempting and failing to look casual. Jack narrowed his eyes at the book.