Road Trip

3:00 a.m. June 15th

"C'mon guys!" Dean called from the back of the Impala. "We gotta get going if we're gonna stay on schedule!"

"Screw the schedule! This is a spontaneous trip!" Charlie countered.

"A spontaneous trip with a very structured driving timeline." Cas insisted. 

It was the summer after high school graduation, and Charlie, Dean, and Cas, a trio of best friends (well, it was more like a pair of boyfriends and their own personal fangirl) had decided to take an epic road trip all the way from Lawrence, Kansas to San Diego, California, where they would end the trip by going to Comic-con.

And since Dean and Cas were such nice older brothers, their younger siblings Sam and Gabriel were coming along for the trip. Partially because Chuck Novak didn't give a shit what his kids did, and partially because John Winchester trusted Dean enough to not get his little brother killed on a cross-country road trip.

It was currently three in the morning, and the five teens had met up at Dean's house in order to argue about how to place everyone's luggage in the car, who sat where in Dean's precious Impala, who was driving, what route they would take, and most importantly, when they would next be stopping to use the bathroom.

Cas, being the most responsible and organized of the group, had mapped out the whole route and programmed it into the GPS, and he had timing down to the minute they would reach each of their daily destinations, having calculated for weather, traffic, and bathroom/snack breaks as well.

It wasn't a big surprise to anyone that Cas was going to Harvard. And while Dean was a little worried that Cas would find some rich, super smart kid at the Ivy League school and completely ditch the small town, dirt poor, future mechanic Dean, he refused to let that bother him on this trip.

"It's too early for this shit," Gabriel whined.

"Language!" Charlie yelled out.

"He swears more when he's tired." Cas explained. 

"That makes sense," Dean agreed. "Gabe, how about you go climb in the backseat and pass out with Sam?" The little moose was fast asleep in the backseat as they spoke. Gabriel's eyes lit up at the idea of snoozing next to Sam, and he ran to the backseat of the car.

"AAAAAaaaand THERE!" Charlie declared, slamming the trunk of the Impala shut. "Luggage is packed!" 

"We need anything else?" Dean asked.

"Do we have everyone's stuff?" Cas asked.

"Yes."

"Gas?"

"Full tank."

"Phone chargers?"

"Yep."

"Phones?"

"Duh."

"Comic-con tickets?"

"NO SHIT SHERLOCK, THAT'D BE LIKE LOSING A GOLDEN TICKET TO CHARLIE'S CHOCOLATE FACTORY!" Charlie called out.

"But do you have a chocolate factory?" Dean questioned.

"Yes." Charlie insisted. "You're just not allowed there."

"Dammit.... I think we've got everything."

"Hotel reservations?" Cas probed.

"You were in charge of those."

"Then we obviously have them- music?"

"Twenty seven cassettes of sweet classic rock."

"Oh dear Dad, it's gonna be a long drive." Dean smacked him on the arm and Cas laughed.