Mary Found Out

Mary was wandering the bunker. She was still new to the place, and was trying to figure it all out. The bunker, her boys, the fact that Dean was obviously dating an angel even if he wouldn't admit to it, the list went on.

Dean and Cas were currently out on a beer run, and Sam was holed up in his room, so Mary took the opportunity to search through the bunker's library.

She wasn't sure what she was looking for, exactly. She was just curious. The Men of Letters kept everything extremely tidy and well organized, but Sam and Dean had been living here for a few years now, and it was clear that the Winchester had left their mark on the place.

Mary opened up one of the filing cabinets in the library, glancing boredly at the file labels until one caught her eye.

Tucked at the back of the cabinet was a newer looking file labeled 'Documents and other crap'.

Somehow Mary got the feeling that the Men of Letters hadn't left that one. So she snagged the folder, sat down at a table, and opened it up.

Inside were a few pieces of paper that Mary was surprised to see still existed. Her marriage certificate to John, Sam and Dean's birth certificates, the original paperwork for the Impala, social security cards- important documents that no longer held any meaning in the Winchester's lives, but they were still kept.

Then there were lists. Coded lists documenting the combinations to various safes, the locations of safe houses and storage lockers full of cursed items, lore books, and weaponry- everything John, Bobby, and Rufus had compiled over the years. Some places had been violently scratched out, and Mary was left to wonder what had happened to make the places unsafe.

She continued to flip through, smiling softly as pictures emerged. Old faded photos of her and John, of Sam and Dean when they were kids. There was one slightly burned picture of Sam, Dean, Cas, Bobby, and two women Mary didn't know. But Bobby was in a wheelchair, and Cas looked like a soldier. Mary noted the arm Dean had wrapped around the younger woman, and she couldn't help but wonder who she was. Mary had a vague idea of what had probably happened to the women, but she still wanted to know.

Another picture. A snapshot of Dean, Sam, Bobby, and more people Mary didn't know sitting around a poker table at what looked like a bar. The women from the other photo were present, and so was a man with a mullet hairstyle, and an old man. They were all smiling, laughing, pointing fingers or having arms wrapped around each other. It was a rare happy moment caught in the hunting life, and Mary made a note to ask her boys about it.

Mary smiled and set the pictures aside, turning to the next document. She frowned at it. They were divorce papers, for Sam, and some woman named Becky Rosen.

Who was Becky Rosen?

Sam had never mentioned being married before. Becky's name had never been mentioned before- who was Becky? 

Mary glanced at the next document, only to be greeted with the image of her son's mugshots. 

They'd been arrested?? She scanned through the police report. Multiple accounts of murder, credit card fraud, impersonating a federal agent, grave desecration, robbery, kidnapping, breaking and entering, the list just went on.

There were warrants for her boys' arrest- they'd been on the FBI's most wanted list! Mary was starting to think she didn't know Sam and Dean as well as she thought she had.

There was even an old arrest record for Dean for stealing from a gas station when he was only sixteen.

Mary started setting aside the documents that she wanted answers about.

And then the last document in the folder showed up, and Mary snapped.

It was a birth certificate for a boy named Adam Milligan, who had a very familiar person as his father.

Mary let the document drop from her hands and she launched to her feet, storming for Sam's room.

"SAMUEL WINCHESTER!" She declared, barging in. The moose jumped, alarmed at the intrusion.

"Yeah?" He asked, confused and slightly scared.

"Who the hell is Kate Milligan?" She demanded.

"Who?" Sam frowned.

"KATE. MILLIGIAN." Mary repeated. "Mother of Adam Milligan." Sam paled.

"Shit," He swore, diving past Mary and running out of the room. Mary followed him.

"Get back here!" She yelled. "And when were you married?!?!"

"That is a long story," Sam admitted, pausing.

"Who the hell is Becky Rosen??" Mary demanded.

"A crazy fangirl who drugged me with a love potion, it's complicated," Sam started, his eyes wide. He should've known that there was no way he and Dean could keep so many secrets about their past from their mother, but he had hoped there were a few secrets she'd never find out.

"Why was Dean arrested when he was sixteen?!" Mary questioned. Mary was mad. Pissed. Infuriated. And Sam had very little experience with an angry Mary Winchester, but at the current moment in time, she was a terrifying creature that looked ready to rip him to shreds, and Sam was tripping over his feet in an attempt to get away.

She was scary. 

"B-because he lost the money Dad gave us for food, so he tried to steal bread and peanut butter so I wouldn't go hungry, but he got caught and sent to a home for like a month," Sam offered.

"And John LET THAT HAPPEN?" Mary seemed to grow twice as large in her enraged state, and Sam stumbled back with a squeak. 

"Yes?" He guessed. Mary only looked more angry now.

"WHO THE FUCK WAS KATE MILLIGAN?" She asked again.

"I don't know! Dad had an affair with her when we were kids! Adam is-was- their son, but he died and she died, and then Adam came back and then Dean and I abandoned him in the Cage with Michael, I'm sorry!"

"What's going on?" Dean's voice asked. Mary's head snapped up towards the bunker's entrance, where Dean and Cas were standing, looking confused. Sam was cowering on the bunker floor as MAry stood over him, still pissed.

"DEAN. RUN." Sam yelped. "She found out about all the stuff we didn't want her too and she's pissed!"  Dean's eyes widened.

"What stuff?" Cas asked. "Like Sam's affair with the demon?"

"WHAT?" Mary snapped. 

"SHit, just run!" Sam shouted. "DEAN, RUN BEFORE SHE FINDS OUT I SHOT YOUR DAUGHTER!" 

"His WHAT!??!" 

"Crap, GO GO GO!" Dean declared, shoving Cas out the door as Sam scrambled up the stairs and ran out after them.

Cas stood and watched as Sam and Dean bolted out of the bunker, screaming, and just kept running.

And he watched as Mary Winchester stormed out of the bunker a minute later, and chased after them.

"Humans are weird," Cas muttered.