Donkey Kong Is An Assbutt

As usual, Dean and Sam were working a case, and Cas decided to tag along.

But, seeing as Cas was one of the WORST fake FBI agents the Winchester had ever seen, he was left out when the boys slipped on their suits and went investigating. So, Cas decided to explore the town they were in.

He stopped in front of a building with flashing lights in front of it. 

ARCADE was spelt out in giant letters. Cas had heard of these. Lots of peoples heaven's included them playing the various games inside and winning fun prizes. 

Perhaps I could win something for Dean! Cas thought innocently as he walked inside.  

He never bothered to get things for Sam. That was Gabriel's job, in his opinion. Too bad for him if the candy-loving archangel was too blind to notice how much his moose really loved him. 

So Cas started to play the various arcade games. He found that we was bad at pretty much all of them, except for Big Buck Hunting and a strange foreign game called Dance Dance Revolution. 

Cas was halfway through a stressful game of Donkey Kong when his phone rang. 

"Dean!" He called out, trying to multitask. 

"Cas?" On the other side of town, Dean frowned at the loud noise coming from Cas's phone.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Snippy much?"

"Sorry, but I'm a little busy right now!"

"Where are you?"

"I'm at- DAMMIT!"

"What?"

"Donkey Kong beat me! This is the SEVENTEENTH TIME. DONKEY KONG IS AN ASSBUTT DEAN."

"......Are you at an arcade?"

"Yes." Cas said grumpily, glaring at the game. 

"Don't move."

"Why?"

"Because I am a Donkey Kong master and I'm coming over there to beat his ass."

"....Dean, you're the best."

"I know. Any other games you need help with?"

"No, but we are totally playing Dance Dance Revolution when you get here."

"It's a date, then."

"Dean, you are already my boyfriend."

"I know. See you there."

"Okay cutie pie."

"I told you not to call me that!"

"Too bad, cutie pie."

"Ugh, fine. Bye huggybear." Dean hung up the phone and turned to see Sam grinning like an idiot. "What?" Dean demanded. 

"You guys are adorable." Sam grinned. "Go to your angel, I'll walk back to the hotel." 

"Shut up Bitch."

"Jerk!" Sam sang, skipping away.

"....And I'm the one in the closet, SUUUURE." Dean rolled his eyes and headed to the arcade.

When he got there, Cas was standing seriously over a game of skeeball. He stared intently at the target, then threw the ball overhand at it. The ball, obviously, hit the guard, bounced off, and went flying across the arcade, hitting some unfortunate man straight in the head.

"Ugh, That keeps happening!" Cas complained. 

"Need a hand?" Dean asked. Cas's face lit up at the sight of him.

"If you don't mind." Dean grinned at him.

Cas grabbed another ball, and Dean grabbed Cas's hand as he stood behind him, guiding Cas into a gentle underhand toss that sent the ball straight into the center hole of the game.

"How did you do that?" Cas demanded. Dean smirked, tossing a skeeball up in the air and catching it. He winked at Cas.

"I know my balls." He offered.

"I already knew that." Cas replied. "Why do you think Crowley calls you Squirrel?"

"Why DOES he call me that?" Cas snatched up the tickets from the game and grinned smugly at Dean. 

"Because he knows how much you like nuts."

Dean dropped the skeeball, and his jaw fell to the floor.

*******

An hour later, the two had played every game in the arcade. Cas had won the jackpot on Deal or no Deal and the Big Bass wheel. Dean had knocked down dozens of clowns in another game, and had beaten Donkey Kong with no effort, causing Cas to glare at the machine again. 

The two attracted the entire arcade's attention with their display on Dance Dance Revolution, and neither of them were ashamed of their epic moves.

They even went in a photo booth, making silly faces at the camera, except for the last photo, where Cas was hugging Dean with a huge grin plastered on his face, and Dean was kissing the top of Cas's head, the corner of his grin peeking over Cas's hair.

Dean tucked his copy of the pictures into his wallet, careful that he wouldn't loose them.

Finally, they ran out of tokens, and Cas, with a giant pile of tickets, dragged Dean over to the prize counter. 

"All of these prizes are cheap." Dean whined. "Most of them break by the time you leave the arcade."

"Doesn't matter!" Cas declared. He split the tickets in two, and handed half of them to Dean. "You get me something, and I'll get you something."

"I don't want anything," Dean whined.

"You will once you see what I get you, now go!"  Dean rolled his eyes and glanced at the prizes. There were the typical ones: Chinese finger traps, candy, lava lamps, stuffed animals of ridiculous sizes.... Dean paused at one item, glanced at everything else, and grinned. 

"One of those." He told the worker, handing over the tickets. 

Cas had stared at the prizes for half an hour before Dean had arrived, so he already knew exactly what to get, and had gotten exactly enough tickets for it.

The two met up at the arcade's entrance, smiling at each other.

"Here," Dean sighed, handing Cas his prize.  It was a pair of fuzzy bumblebee slippers, with little, smiling bee faces and antennas on each one. Cas squealed and immediately took off his shoes, slipping the bees on.

He wouldn't take them off for two months, until on of the antennas fell off, and Cas switched back to his normal shoes, only wearing the slippers in the bunker from then on.

"Here you go!" Cas declared, grinning as he handed Dean his prize. Dean gasped as Cas handed him a giant rainbow slinky.

"Oh my god." The inner five year old was released and Dean stretched out the slinky with a laugh.

"It's as gay as you are." Cas insisted.

"Shut up, Cas, you're the gay one."

"...If you insist."

The slinky would remain in Dean's room for decades, despite the teasing from Sam, Cas, and everyone else that entered Dean's room. But he didn't care. He was damn proud of that slinky.

After that day, Dean took the small picture of him and Cas at the arcade, and put it in the Impala, so that he could always look at it when he was driving. 

No matter where they were headed, or what disaster befell the Winchesters after that, Dean always felt a little bit better when he glanced at that photo and remembered the carefree day he spent at the arcade with his boyfriend.