Game Night

A/n: Because dang it, I want this to be an episode.

Jack had wanted more practice with driving. So, Sam and Dean let the kid go off on some beer runs to the store by himself. They assumed that Jack could handle a trip to the grocery store by himself, and nothing bad would happen.

Unlike Cas.

But it turns out that Jack cannot be trusted to simply buy the items on the list and leave. Dean sent him out for beer and pie, and he came back with those items, and several board games.

"I found them in a toy aisle," Jack said innocently. "I thought they looked fun, and we could play them." Sam and Dean raised their eyebrows. It had been years since they'd played any kind of board game.

"Okay," Dean agreed, smiling. "Game night it is."

So the little family settled around a table in the library, opened up some beers and chips, and looked through the games to see which one they should start with.

"Monopoly," Sam called out, reading their options. "Clue, Parcheesi, Rummikub, Cards Against Humanity, Poker, Scrabble, Risk, Trivia Pursuit, and Sorry."

Dean promptly picked up the Sorry game and threw it across the room.

"How about Monopoly?" He suggested.

"Why-" Jack started, staring after the fallen game.

"Don't ask." Cas advised. Sam wisely avoided the incident and started setting up the Monopoly game. They deemed him the banker too, because the moose was good at math.

"Dibs on the car." Dean said instantly.

"Every time," Sam scowled.

"I want the top hat," Cas smiled. "It's nice." Dean leaned over and whispered to Jack.

"We are so getting Cas a top hat now." He whispered. Jack grinned and nodded in agreement. Sam took the dog piece, Jack took the thimble, and the game began.

"I've never played Monopoly before." Cas admitted.

"Me neither." Jack insisted.

"Sam and I used to play." Dean offered. "It was an easy way to pass the time when we were alone in hotel rooms."

"That is," Sam went on. "Until SOMEBODY broke the board by smashing it over my head."

"You ROBBED me with St. Charles and you KNOW IT." Dean shot back. 

"You had been stealing property money the entire game!"

"Cause that's how life works!"

"We weren't playing Life, we were playing Monopoly!"

"Doesn't matter."

"Yes it does- YOU FLIPPED THE BOARD."

"Dean always flips the board," Cas commented. "That's why we don't play board games." 

"Cas," Dean warned.

"Say Jack, have you ever heard any Neanderthal poetry before? It's quite beautiful,"

"Um," Jack offered, not wanting to get involved, especially after looking at the looks Cas and Dean were giving each other.

"Somebody just start the game," Dean said finally.

"Cas, you start." Sam suggested.

"As you wish, Homo Sapien Sapien," The angel declared, picking up the dice.

"NOT FUNNY CAS." Dean declared. A smug smile made its way across the angel's face as he looked up at Dean.

"Sorry." He offered. Dean got up and left the table. They watched as he made his way over the fallen Sorry game, pulled a lighter out of his pocket, looked Cas dead in the eye, and set the game on fire.