Saturdays

Set in AU

Saturdays were Cas's absolute favorite. 

They were Dean's favorite too, but Cas loved them more.

Cas was a teacher at the local high school, and Dean ran a mechanic's shop in town, but the two always had Saturdays off together. It was the designated day for the pair to be together, and it had been their little tradition since they'd gotten married.

According to Cas, Saturday began the minute he walked in the door on Friday afternoon, and it ended the minute their alarm clock started blaring on Sunday morning. But all the hours in between were nothing but pure heaven.

*****

Cas woke up slowly to the feeling of someone running their fingers through his hair. He opened his eyes to his sunlit bedroom and smiled, snuggling closer to Dean's chest. 

"Morning, Cas," Dean said sleepily, his arm wrapped around his husband as he played with Cas's dark hair.

"Good morning," Cas replied, sighing happily. "I love Saturdays."

"I know you do," Dean grinned. "What's on the agenda for today then?"

"Hmmmmm," Cas said lazily. "Breakfast?"

"But that requires leaving this bed."

"You're right. We should skip breakfast."

"Hell no, breakfast is essential."

"Well we can't have breakfast without getting out of bed, and I don't know about you, but I don't want to get out of bed."

"Well then I guess we'll just have to stay in bed until we're fully awake, and then I'll make you breakfast."

"You don't have to do that- I'll help."

"Angel, you make breakfast for me Monday through Friday all year. Saturdays are payback."

"Yeah, but you always make dinner, so we're even."

"Then I guess you're making dinner."

"How about we just start with breakfast?"

"Okay, but we gotta get up then." Cas whined at the thought, snuggling closer to Dean in protest.

"You're such a little snuggle puppy," Dean muttered, kissing him.

"If you're going to be this comfortable, then I'm going to be a cuddle monster." Cas insisted, kissing him back.

"I have no problem with that."

"I know you don't." Cas kissed him again, and Dean rolled over, hovering over Cas as they kissed.

After a heated make out session, they reluctantly scrambled out of bed, and headed into the kitchen, where Dean switched on a radio and started making breakfast while Cas sat at the counter, content to watch his husband dance around, singing along as he made scrambled eggs.

"All our times have come," Dean started singing, using a wooden spoon as a microphone. "Here but now they're gone, Seasons don't fear the reaper, Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain, we can be like they are, Come on baby, don't fear the reaper, Baby take my hand, don't fear the reaper, We'll be able to fly, don't fear the reaper, Baby I'm your man...." He poured the mixture of eggs and cheese into a frying pan, humming along to the guitar. 

He spun around to look at Cas, smirking.

"Valentine is done, Here but now they're gone," Ditching the wooden spoon, Dean held out his hand, and Cas shook his head, smiling and took it. Dean pulled him off his seat, spinning Cas around the kitchen as the Blue Oyster Cult kept singing. "Romeo and Juliet, Are together in eternity, Romeo and Juliet, 40, 000 men and women everyday, Like Romeo and Juliet, 40, 000 men and women everyday, Redefine happiness, Another 40, 000 coming everyday, We can be like they are, Come on baby, don't fear the reaper, Baby take my hand, don't fear the reaper, We'll be able to fly, don't fear the reaper, Baby I'm your man...."