Bae

Dean Winchester never calls Castiel by his true name.

EVER.

This fact spun around Cas's mind as they drove towards a hunt.

All the angels of heaven always referred to him as Castiel, except for Gabriel and Balthazar, who called him Cassie.

Everyone else he had met called him Castiel, Clarence, or the fake name he had been using at the time. 

Dean was the first person who ever called him Cas, and the nickname had stuck.

But after Sam and others started using the name Cas, Dean started using it less and less.

Castiel secretly had a list of everything Dean had ever called him, and it was quite long.

The names only got more extravagant after the two started dating. 

Cas stared at Dean from his spot in the Impala, remembering some of the names Dean had given him over the years.

Cas

Buddy

Baby in a trenchcoat

Huggybear

Angel

Junkless

Happy meal

Cutie pie

Little nerdy dude with wings

Angel pie

Chuckles

Cas's eyes narrowed slightly as his stare intensified. He knew it was common amongst human couples for the to call one another "baby" or "Sweetheart." Sure, Dean had gotten close to these, but not close enough.

"Dean." Cas said suddenly. Dean glanced up at the car mirror so he could look at Cas.

"Yes, angel?" he asked.

"Am I your bae?"

"What?"

"Am I. Your. Bae?"

"....No."

"Why not? You have dozens of nicknames for me- why can't I be your bae?"

"Because that title belongs to my baby."

"So you love this car more then me?" Dean froze, looking like he'd been stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"Uh....." he stammered. "Cas, please don't make me choose between you and the car. I can't pick." 

Cas scowled.

"If you could, would you marry this car?"

"....No?" Dean replied unsurely.

"You've cheated on me with this car, haven't you?"

"You want the truth?"

"Yes."

"Buddy, I've cheated on you with and in this car on multiple occasions."

"So have I."

"Wait YOU WHAT???"