Say Anything

Set in AU

Dean Winchester was an idiot.

Everyone knew that, but Castiel Novak had just gotten that fact reaffirmed.

The two boys had been dating for years, but they had just gotten into their first fight. 

And boy was it a doozy.

Let's just say Cas had caught a drunk Dean pinned against the wall of their friend's house, lip locked with Lisa Braden at at stupid party.

So now, after having a huge fight in front of the entire school, Cas lay on his bed, glaring at his ceiling, wondering why he had bothered to fall in love with Dean Winchester in the first place.

What made the matter worse, was that Dean kept trying to talk to him. He had blown up Cas's phone for hours, texting and calling, insisting that he was sorry, that Lisa kissed him, that he loved Cas, that they needed to talk, etc.

Bullshit.

Maybe, Cas thought, if he glared hard enough at his ceiling, it would burst into flames.

*****

Dean Winchester was pissed. Pissed at himself, and even more pissed off at Lisa Braden, who had been turning down since he was in fifth grade.

Lisa was a bitch, and everyone knew it. She was the one who had kissed Dean, and purposefully damaged his relationship with Cas.

But Dean wasn't giving up his angel that easily. 

Seeing as Cas refused to answer any text or phone call he sent, there was only one logical option left in Dean's book.

So, he called up his best friend, Charlie, who was sure to have at least three copies of the song he needed. Plus, Charlie was Destiel shipper #1, and would gladly do anything that would bring the two boys back together.

****

So, now, as Cas attempted to set his ceiling on fire with his eyes, Dean leaned against the hood of his Impala, staring at Cas's bedroom window. Charlie leaned out the window of the car.

"Are you sure this will work?" She asked, hoping it would, because it would be adorable.

"It'll work." Dean insisted. "If it doesn't, Cas is heartless jerk."

"Castiel has the biggest heart in the world."

"Exactly. And that's how I know this will totally work."

"You know, as far as cliches go, this is by far my favorite." Dean grinned.

"Mine too. Now crank the volume, ginger!"

"Whatever bitch." Charlie rolled her eyes and clicked the radio of the Impala on, scrolled through her iPod, which was hooked up to the car's speakers, and pressed play.

Cas had covered his face with his pillow, taking a break from the glaring, when the music started.

Slowly, Cas removed the pillow, a look on his face as he started to recognize the song.

"He did not." He muttered as the music grew louder.

"Oh, but he did." A sly voice grinned from Cas's doorway. Throwing the pillow at Gabe, Cas walked over to his window and glanced out.

Sure enough, Dean Winchester, was holding a boombox over his head, and In Your Eyes was blasting through the whole neighborhood.

The song was turned down slightly as Cas threw open his window.

"DAMN YOU PETER GABRIEL!" He yelled out. Dean dropped the boombox and burst out laughing.

He had stopped laughing by the time Cas walked out of the house and stood across from him.

"Am I forgiven?" Dean asked hesitantly. Cas scowled.

"Yes." He admitted, crossing his arms. Dean grinned and walked over, wrapping his arms around Cas.

Cas shook his head.

"You and your stupid 80's movies." He commented, smiling. They kissed, and Charlie cranked the song louder in an attempt to drown out her own fangirling.

"THANK YOU JOHN CUSACK!!!!" She screamed.