Dibs

Chuck really was starting to wish that he had never created the Winchesters in the first place, because the angels would NOT STOP ARGUING over them.

"Dean belongs to ME!" Michael declared. "Father said so!"

"But I want him!" Anna retorted.

"Get your own Winchester- Dean's mine!"

"But he's so pretty!"

"There's hundreds of pretty vessels in the world; pick one of them!" Anna gasped.

"How DARE YOU."  She yelled. "Dean Winchester is so much more then just some petty vessel! I would love him!"

"Well TOO BAD, whore! Dean Winchester is MY sword, and YOU'RE not allowed to touch him!"

"YOU LITTLE-" Anna lunged at her brother, and the two ended up wrestling on the ground. Castiel, who had been watching the entire fight go down, sat quietly in the corner, observing his siblings.

Chuck sighed at his children. Why couldn't they all just be more like Castiel? Castiel did as he was told- Castiel loved the Winchesters, but you didn't see HIM making a huge fuss over who got to claim them.

Gabriel walked into the room just as Michael shoved Anna away from him, fuming.

"If you want a Winchester so bad, why not take Sam?" Anna demanded. "He's taller and probably stronger then Dean!" Gabriel's ears perked up. The younger Winchester was quite handsome.

"Because Sam belongs to Luci!" Michael announced.

"Nope," Gabriel said quietly, turning and walking out.

"Well, what about the third one?"

"Who- ADAM? Nobody cares about that loser!" Anna nodded.

"Yeah, true- BUT DEAN IS MINE! I CLAIM HIM!"

"I CLAIMED HIM AGES AGO!"

Chuck sighed, knowing he'd probably have to interfere soon.

"Father?" Castiel asked softly.

"Yes, Castiel?" Chuck was genuinely curious now. Castiel never asked him for anything.

"Can....Can I have Dean Winchester?" Chuck paused. Castiel was definitely more deserving of him then Michael or Anna was, but he HAD made the Winchester Michael's sword....

"I'm sorry, Castiel." He apologized. "But Dean is Michael's vessel." Castiel frowned and looked down at the ground.

"Okay." He said sadly.

"But," Chuck went on. "If Dean Winchester were to like you better, there's nothing stopping him from being with you." Castiel smiled.

"Thank you, Father." Chuck smiled. Castiel was definitely one of his favorites. He couldn't help it.

A crash sounded behind them, and Chuck turned, only to see Gabriel and Lucifer wrestling and arguing over who got to play with Sam Winchester's fabulous hair.

Chuck sighed, and went to break up the fight.

"DEAN IS MINE!" Michael repeated.

"NOT IF I GET HIM FIRST!" Anna retorted.

"OKAY, THAT'S IT- YOU BACK OFF DEAN WINCHESTER-"

"OR WHAT?"

"OR ELSE!"

"OH, I'M SOOOOOO SCARED." Castiel's eyes widened, and before they knew it, Michael had thrown his sister out of heaven.

"Michael what the-" Chuck sighed. He was so done. Chuck needed a vacation. BADLY.

So while Chuck decided to run away, Michael pranced around heaven, declaring that he was unchallenged, and that Dean Winchester was all his.

And when Dean went to hell, Michael thought it was his time to shine.

"Okay," He proclaimed. "Time to swoop down to hell, and save that lovely vessel, and-" He stopped, noticing that Dean had randomly disappeared from hell. He ran to check Earth, and sure enough, Dean Winchester was alive again. Michael screamed in rage, and then he noticed the mark on Dean's shoulder. 

Marks like that were basically the angel equivalent of calling dibs.

"WHO DID IT?" Michael yelled out. "WHO RAISED DEAN WINCHESTER FROM HELL?!??!" The other angels looked slightly fearful, but Michael stopped in front of two of his brothers.

Castiel and Gabriel were hanging out, eating lollipops, and grinning smugly.

Michael glared at them.

"Which one of you did it?" He growled. Castiel smirked and waved at his brother.

"You bastard!" Michael announced. "Dean is MINE!" Castiel laughed.

"Sorry, Mikey, but in case you haven't noticed, I called dibs." Castiel shot back. "So you can kiss my feathery ass, cause Dean Winchester is all mine."

"I'll get revenge for this, Castiel, mark my words."

"Whatever you say, big brother." Castiel smiled. 

And as Michael stormed off, fuming at the world, Chuck sat up on a cloud, laughing his head off.

Castiel was definitely his favorite.