Breakfast

A/N: I wasted an hour reading fluffy Destiel headcannons, and I regret nothing.

AU in which Human Cas got to stay at the bunker with Dean.

Cas didn't know anything about being human, but Dean was happy to help the angel out and answer his questions, even if some of them were a little odd.

Like how you took a shower. Or why changing your clothes was necessary.

But since Dean knew all the answers, Cas clung to the hunter like a loyal puppy even more then usual, if that was even possible. 

"What are you doing?" Cas asked, sitting cross-legged in the bunker's kitchen. He was dressed in a pair of flannel pajama pants and a ratty old band T-shirt, both of which were from Dean, obviously. His hair was messy, both from sleep and from Dean constantly running his fingers through it.

"I'm making breakfast," Dean explained. Seeing as Sam wasn't awake and it was only his boyfriend watching him, Dean was dressed simply in a pair of jeans. No shoes, no shirt, but he'd definitely be getting service.

"How do you make breakfast?" Cas tilted his head, unfamiliar with how food was made. Dean smirked.

"Come on, you can help me," He insisted, grabbing food from the fridge. "We'll keep it simple and make some scrambled eggs and toast."

"Okay," Cas agreed, not quite sure what those were. Dean grabbed a bowl and handed it to Cas. 

"I need you to crack all of those eggs in here," He explained.

"But isn't that murdering unborn baby chickens?" Cas looked scared. Dean tried not to laugh.

"No, Cas. These are store bought. There's no chickens in them."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes. Just crack them into the bowl, and make sure-" Cas slammed the egg into the bowl, the shell shattering as the yolk oozed out of the crushed remains. 

"Cas.....No...." Dean blinked. He picked up one of the eggs. "Watch," Gently, he cracked it against the bowl and dumped the egg into it, careful not to get any of the shell inside. 

"Oooooh," Cas offered, realizing his mistake. He grabbed another egg. "How do you crack it against the bowl?" Dean rolled his eyes, grinning, and he grabbed Cas's hand, guiding the former angel through the motion.

"There you go," Dean insisted. Cas smiled and cracked the rest of the eggs while Dean got a frying pan and got it ready.

"Now what?" Cas asked.

"I'll take the eggs from here," Dean explained. "And you can handle the toast. It's simple- just put some bread in the slots and pull the little lever down. They'll cook on their own." 

"Got it." Cas slipped the bread in while Dean added cheese, milk, and some spices to the eggs before mixing them up and pouring them into the frying pan.

"And now we let them cook," He offered. 

"Breakfast is easy," Cas declared. 

"Very easy." Dean agreed. "I'm gonna go rouse the moose cause I know he'll want food. Don't let the eggs burn, okay?" 

"Okay." Cas grabbed a spatula, looking ready for the task. Dean smirked at the angel and went to retrieve his brother.

"What?" Sam whined from his room as Dean banged on the door. 

"Dude- food! Cas and I made eggs, get 'em while they're hot." 

"Cas knows how to cook?"

"He does now." There was a crash from down the hall, followed by a loud scream. Dean grimaced. "....I spoke too soon."

"Figured."

Dean went running back into the kitchen, only to find Cas cowering beneath a fallen pile of pots and pans.

"What happened?" Dean demanded.

"TOAST!" Cas yelped, kicking at the little piece of bread on the floor. Dean raised an eyebrow. "You didn't tell me they flew out." 

Dean tried. He really tried not to laugh. It didn't work.

"It's NOT FUNNY," Cas declared as Dean doubled over, laughing.

"What'd I miss?" Sam asked.

"Cas got scared of toast!" Dean burst out, laughing again. Cas scowled at him.

"You are SO not getting a kiss from me anytime soon." The angel announced. Dean stopped laughing, and Sam purposefully ignored them, heading for the food.

"You're not serious, are you?" Dean asked nervously. 

"Oh, I'm dead serious." Cas stomped out of the kitchen.

"Babe, wait I LOVE YOOOOOUU," Dean chased after him. Sam rolled his eyes at the pair and took a bite of the of the eggs they had made. They crunched against his teeth and the moose winced.

They forgot about the eggshells Cas had smashed in the bowl.