This is Why Jack Shouldn't Go To Parties

A/N: Not Destiel, just a Jack related oneshot

Dean and Jack were on a beer run. AKA they were roaming the aisles of the Lebanon gas station, grabbing beer, newspapers, the latest edition of Busty Asian Beauties magazine, and tons of the most unhealthy, fake, artery clogging processed foods they could find. 

The junk food was mainly because Dean wanted to annoy Sam, and Jack was addicted to candy bars, but Cas and Sam would never let him buy any. Dean let him get whatever he wanted though, because Dean was the cool Dad, who didn't give a shit if Jack got diabetes.

For a gas station in the middle of Kansas, it was a little crowded. There was a trio of girls next to the sunglasses rack, a couple of old truckers loading up on beef jerky and coffee, and a tired looking family making a pit stop in the middle of a road trip. 

But Jack seemed to catch the eye of one of the girls, and Dean couldn't help but smirk as the trio eyed and whispered as Jack remained entirely clueless.

But when Jack and Dean split up to search for the most unhealthiest snack in the whole gas station, one of the girls walked over to Jack.

"Hey," She greeted him, smiling.

"Hello," He replied, his face still innocent and dopey as ever. 

"I'm Mary Anne," the girl offered.

"I'm Jack."

"You from around here, Jack?" 

"Yes," He admitted. Dean watched on, a smug grin on his face. He'd really have to teach Jack about the subtle art of flirting, and how to recognize it.

Because this girl was totally flirting with him, and Jack was completely oblivious. Dean supposed he got that from Cas, the awkward social interactions, the dopey facial expressions.

"Well, uh," Mary Anne half laughed and started twirling her hair. "My friends and I are having a party later tonight, over at the Andrews farm, if you wanna come and hang out."

"Oh! Uh," Jack didn't know how to respond to that one. He usually kept to himself in Lebanon, hardly ever leaving the bunker. Was he allowed to go to parties? Was he supposed to? Jack glanced over and caught Dean watching him. He gave the hunter a panicked expression and Dean nodded frantically.

"Sure!" Jack agreed. "I'll be there." Mary Anne's smile widened.

"Great!" She exclaimed. "See you tonight, Jack." She bounced away, and Jack slowly turned to gap at Dean, who was freaking out.

Dean, who triumphantly pumped a fist in the air once they walked out of the gas station.

"Score!" He declared, laughing proudly. He held out a fist. "That was great." Jack smiled awkwardly and fist bumped him. "You just got yourself a date."

"I did?" Jack questioned. Was that how dates worked?

"Hell yeah you did! I mean, we definitely need to work on your flirting, but you did it!" Jack's smile widened as he started feeling proud of himself. 

Dean looked ecstatic. 

"You're going to that party," He declared as they climbed into the Impala and headed back to the bunker.

"But I thought we were supposed to keep a low profile," Jack said, slightly confused.

"Well, yeah," Dean offered. "But one party's not going to kill you. Just don't tell anyone what we do, or that we live in a bunker. You're a kid, Jack- it's about time you got to do some normal kid stuff like this."

"But I'm not normal."

"Yeah, but you'll feel like it. And feeling like a regular person, even for just a few hours? After you live this life for so long, that sounds like the best thing in the world." Jack smiled.