Attention

It had finally happened

It had finally happened. Dean had given in, and Cas had gotten a kitten.

It was a tiny little thing, with black fur and green eyes. And Cas LOVED it. Since Dean had finally let him get a cat, Cas thought it would be best to name that cat after something that Dean liked.

"His name is Bon Jovi Metallicat." Cas declared, clutching the kitten in his arms. Dean stared.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you like rock music, and I thought-" Dean cut him off.

"You ACTUALLY named the cat Bon Jovi Metallicat."

"Well, technically it's Bon Jovi Metallicat Winchester. We can call him Jovi for short!" Dean facepalmed.

"That is the most ridiculous name-"

"Oh come on Dean! Just look at his little face!!" Cas held the cat up, and Dean raised an eyebrow.

"It's a cat."

"No, it's our baby now." Cas mumbled. "He's got my hair, and your eyes!" Cas beamed at the kitten.

Dean rolled his eyes, but he let it slide. Cas was happy, and that's all that mattered to him.

*****

Two weeks later, Dean was ready to kill the cat.

It had shredded his clothes, scratched him on multiple occasions, and worst of all, it took up all of Cas's attention.

That's what really bugged Dean. Cas was his boyfriend, after all, and yet all the angel wanted to do was pay attention to the cat.

Play with the cat, give the cat attention, make sure the car felt loved and wasn't lost in the bunker-

What about me?!? Dean wanted to screech. I need love too!

But Cas didn't seem to notice until he came back to the bunker one day, and found Dean having a staring contest with the cat.

"Oh, you're bonding!" He exclaimed, hugging Dean.

"Uh-" Dean started, quickly hiding his gun in his pocket.

"My two favorite guys, getting along!" Cas declared. Even the cat looked skeptical.

"Cas," Dean's words were cut off as Cas kissed his cheek.

"I'm gonna make you a pie." The angel announced before skipping out of the room.

Dean glanced at the cat.

"Act like we're friends, and I'll give you some catnip." He offered. Jovi meowed.

The two of them had an understanding after that. Cas was to be shared, even if neither of them wanted to.