04

The Irish won the cup, but Bulgaria caught the snitch. Cedric and Alexis were celebrating with the neighbouring tent—some Irish fanatic dads and their three daughters and two sons all around Lexi's age—when they heard sudden screaming and Death Eaters in the distance. They were torturing muggles above them with their wands all in the air.

Everyone started running, Cedric grabbed Lexi's hand and pulled her away from their new friends without so much as a farewell. The pair ran into their own tent and warned Amos, grabbing their bags he told them to run to the woods and not come out till it's safe again.

The Hufflepuff seeker and Gryffindor chaser made it to the woods and kept running until they eventually ran into someone else.

"AH!" Lexi and Ginny both let out high pitched squeals thinking that the other would be someone else.

Then Alexis hurried to let go of Cedric's hand and instead wrap her arms around the younger girl who had tears slowly running down her face, she looked terrified.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay." She hummed into Ginny's ear.

Lexi looked up to see Fred and George watching her, she hadn't noticed them at first. Letting go of Ginny, Lexi stepped back into Cedric's side.

"Where's Harry?!" she asked quickly and almost demandingly.

The three Weasley's looked around, seeming to not have noticed the missing others.

"They were behind us–" George trailed off.

He was cut off by a green spark lighting up the sky in the direction the twins and Ginny had just come from. Everyone gasped, Cedric's arm tightened around Lexi. The Dark Mark.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" Lexi repeated as she set of running toward where the mark had come from in fear for her brother.

"Lexi!" Cedric called as they all started after her.

A few minutes later, they arrived in a clearing with twenty or so other people. "Harry!" Alexis called as she nearly bowled the boy over.

"Alex!" Harry breathed out as she hugged her back,

"I thought you were hurt," she whispered.

"I'm fine," he replied, they stayed in the hug for a minute or so.

When they released, Lexi noticed that most of the men had left and only the Weasley's and Diggory's were still in the clearing. She didn't bother asking what happened, she knew she'd get an explanation later anyway.

Mr Weasley mentioned heading back off to their tents for the remainder of the night and Lexi turned to Cedric.

"Hey?" she started, he looked down at her expectantly, "Do you mind if I go back with Harry? I suspect some of them will be a bit shaken and I–"

Cedric knew she was talking about Ginny and after something like this, he understood why she'd want to be with her brother too, he cut Lexi off, "It's all good. Go, you should be with them."

He smiled and she thanked him profusely before heading off with an arm over Harry and Ginny's shoulders. 

Don't forget to vote and comment <3