73

It was rather quiet in the following weeks before their return to Hogwarts, there was much cleaning to do, though Lexi still attended the Order meetings. She'd often spend her free time with the twins, joking about their final year and the joke shop. She spent time with Harry during the nights when everyone was asleep and he was having nightmares again, they'd just enjoy each other's company. Ginny stuck close to Lexi throughout the days, admiring her older sister; Hermione had plenty of questions about her OWLs this year and Ron was a hungry as ever.

Lexi would admit that she was going to miss Tonks, Remus and Sirius, she loved spending time with them all this summer. It was also hard knowing that this was her final year in the education system and soon she'd actually be out in the real world having to rely on herself.

The oldest Potter was with George and Fred when Ginny came into the twins' room carrying four Hogwarts letters.

"Book lists are here," she handed a letter to each of them and proceeded to open her own.

Lexi's letter was thicker than usual, but she just assumed they'd given her a new prefect's badge. How wrong was she when she opened the envelope and out fell a shiny red and gold Head Girl's badge. With a high pitched squeal of excitement, Lexi dropped the remaining letter and clasped a hand over her mouth.

The three Weasley's focused their attention on her quickly, Ginny stepped forward, "What is it?"

The new Head Girl just held out her badge to show her best friends, "I got it."

Fred and George immediately let out a holler of congratulations and engulfed Lexi in a hug as she grinned at their antics. The four teenagers all started jumping around the room in celebration.

"We've gotta tell the others!" George exclaimed as he and his twin disapparated the next second.

Lexi held out her hand for Ginny to take and she apparated them both into the room Harry and Ron shared where they too had their lists. Ginny passed Lexi the rest of the letter she'd dropped upstairs and muttered something about going to see Hermione.

"What was all that?" asked Ron as he made stomping motions to indicate all the noise they made.

The twins immediately shouted out at the same time: "LEXI MADE HEAD GIRL!" The girl in mentioned winced at the strength of their combined voices.

"Really?!" Harry exclaimed. His sister nodded vigorously and the fifteen-year-old hugged his sister in congratulations, Ron gave her a hug too after Harry.

When things had died down, Fred spoke up, "We were just wondering who assigned the Slinkhard book."

Lexi looked down at her list and found the name of the book they were talking about and frowned.

"Because it means Dumbledore's found a new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher," said George.

"And about time too," added Lexi.

"What d'you mean?" Harry asked, jumping down beside them from his bed.

"Well, we overheard Mum and Dad talking on the Extendable Ears a few weeks back," Fred told Harry, "and from what they were saying, Dumbledore was having real trouble finding anyone to do the job this year."

"Not surprising, is it, when you look at what's happened to the last four?" said George.

"One sacked, one dead, one's memory removed, and one locked in a trunk for nine months," said Harry, counting them off on his fingers. "Yeah, I see what you mean."

"Are you alright, Ron?" asked Lexi when she noticed the younger boy gaping at his letter. Everyone turned to him.

"What's the matter?" said Fred impatiently, moving around Ron to look over his shoulder at the parchment.