97

"Well, we—Lexi and I—have been thinking about the sort of stuff we ought to do first and—er—" He noticed a raised hand. "What, Hermione?"

"I think we ought to elect a leader," said Hermione.

"Harry's leader," said Cho at once, looking at Hermione as though she were mad.

"And Lexi!" piped up Lee, he was shot a thankful smile from the girl mentioned. Cho rolled her eyes at this, clearly still upset that it wasn't her with Cedric.

"Yes, but I think we ought to vote on it properly," said Hermione, unperturbed. "It makes it formal and it gives him authority. So—everyone who thinks Harry and Lexi ought to be our leaders?"

Everybody put up their hands, even Zacharias Smith, though he did it very half-heartedly.

"Er—right, thanks," said Harry, who could feel his face burning. "And—what, Hermione?"

"I also think we ought to have a name," she said brightly, her hand still in the air. "It would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"

"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" said Angelina hopefully.

"Or the Ministry of Magic Are Morons Group?" suggested Fred.

"I was thinking," said Hermione, frowning at Fred, "more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside meetings."

"The Defense Association?" said Cho. "The D.A. for short, so nobody knows what we're talking about?"

"Yeah, the D.A.'s good," said Ginny. "Only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?"

There was a good deal of appreciative murmuring and laughter at this. Cho looked at Ginny angrily as Harry nodded along, Lexi gave her sister a sly thumbs up.

"All in favour of the D.A.?" said Hermione bossily, kneeling up on her cushion to count. "That's a majority—motion passed!"

She pinned the piece of paper with all of their names on it on the wall and wrote DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY across the top in large letters.

"Right!" said Lexi, stepping up with a determination to speak without being interrupted, seeing as Harry had so far failed to do so and was looking in desperate need of help.

"We were thinking, the first thing we should do is Expelliarmus, the Disarming Charm. It is pretty basic but —" she saw Zacharias opening his mouth and jabbed a finger at him "— And before you ask why, Zacharias, I'll let Harry tell you."

Zacharias shrunk back marginally, wide-eyed from being pointed out on before he spoke, and looked to Harry.

"I've used it against him," said Harry. "It saved my life last June."

Smith opened his mouth stupidly. The rest of the room was very quiet.

"But if you think it's beneath you, you can leave," Harry said.

Smith did not move. Nor did anybody else.

"Okay," said Lexi, with an encouraging smile to her brother, "Divide yourselves into pairs and start practicing."

The Potter siblings agreed that Lexi would do the ordering around as she was older and most likely more respected than Harry was. Harry would do the lesson planning and then have Lexi check it over, but she mainly left it up to him.

Cedric and Lexi gravitated towards each other as everyone paired up.

The room was suddenly full of shouts of "Expelliarmus!": Wands flew in all directions, missed spells hit books on shelves and sent them flying into the air. Lexi bested Cedric a few times before he finally got one in on her.

Harry came over and whispered something to Lexi, she nodded and turned to Cedric, "D'you mind practicing with Neville while Harry and I walk around the room?"

He—of course—had no problem with it.

Some people were doing better than others, Fred and George were messing with Zacharias, Michael was nervous to actually do anything to Ginny (being the gentleman), whereas Ginny was doing amazing.

"You've really got this down, Gin," said Lexi as she walked past.

Lexi found amusement in watching Luna Lovegood attempt to disarm Justin Finch-Fletchley, who was more confused at the way she was making his hair stick up.

"Okay, stop!" Harry shouted. "Stop! STOP!"

Lexi watched as Harry blew a shrieking whistle to gain everyone's attention.

"That wasn't bad," said Harry, "but there's definite room for improvement." Zacharias Smith glared at him. "Let's try again..."

With mild curiosity and much annoyance—or irritation—Lexi watched as Cho played the 'I can't do it' card and had Harry help her out. She'd been doing it perfectly before and was only now pretending to mispronounce the words. Her friend, Marietta looked fed up from her behaviour and was extinguishing the fire on her robes.

Lexi made her way back to where Cedric was now with Lee and Neville had gone with Katie. Both Lee and Cedric were competitive people and were now pink in the face from trying to get each other.

"Oi, show-offs!" she laughed, "Tone it down a bit, we're only practicing."

"Sorry," they both grinned together.

Terry Boot's wand went whizzing past Harry's ear and hit Alicia Spinnet hard on the nose. Lexi grimaced.

"Hey, Harry, Lexi," Hermione called from the other end of the room, "have you checked the time?"

It was past nine o'clock, which was bad news. Harry blew his whistle.

"Well, that was pretty good," said Harry, "but we've overrun, we'd better leave it here. Same time, same place next week?"

"Sooner!" said Dean eagerly and many people nodded in agreement.

Angelina, however, said quickly, "The Quidditch season's about to start, we need team practices too!"

"Let's say next Wednesday night, then," said Harry, "and we can decide on additional meetings then... Come on, we'd better get going..."

Cedric and Lexi had their patrol until early hours of the morning and left together, looking like they'd just come from their common rooms. Mission success.

didn't bother to re read the chapter so I can't remember what's in it but there you go

Don't forget to vote and comment <3