88

Arriving at the table, Lexi was disgruntled, she, Lee, Fred, George, Angelina and Alicia had all just come from Charms where Umbridge was inspecting their lesson. The pink professor had kept an annoyingly close eye on the two Head students. Cedric and Amber went to sit with Rolf.

"I got a 'P'," they heard Ron say as they sat down. "Happy?"

"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of," said Fred. "Nothing wrong with a good healthy 'P'."

"But," said Hermione, "doesn't 'P' stand for..."

"'Poor', yeah," said Lee Jordan. "Still, better than 'D', isn't it? 'Dreadful'?"

Harry suddenly had a coughing fit and Lexi had the idea he'd gotten a 'D' on his test.

"So top grade's 'O' for 'Outstanding'," she was saying, "and then there's 'A' —"

"No, 'E'," Lexi corrected her, pointing a finger, "It's 'E' for 'Exceeds Expectations'."

"And I've always thought Fred and I should've got 'E' in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams." George said.

They all laughed except Hermione, who ploughed on, "So, after 'E' it's 'A' for 'Acceptable', and that's the last pass grade, isn't it?"

"Yep," said Fred, dunking an entire roll in his soup, transferring it to his mouth and swallowing it whole.

Lexi looked at her best friend in mild amazement and disgust, "How do you do that?" she whispered, mainly to herself. Fred just winked at her.

"Then you get 'P' for 'Poor' —" Ron raised both his arms in mock celebration "— and 'D' for 'Dreadful'."

"And then 'T'," George reminded her.

"'T'?" asked Hermione, looking appalled. "Even lower than a 'D'? What on earth does 'T' stand for?"

"'Troll'," said George promptly.

Harry laughed again, so did Lexi because of Hermione's terrified face.

"You lot had an inspected lesson yet?" Fred asked them.

"No," said Hermione at once. "Have you?"

"Just now, before lunch," said Lee. "Charms."

"What was it like?" Harry and Hermione asked together.

Fred shrugged.

Lexi groaned, "She's convinced Cedric and I are going to burst out again, keeps watching us."

Fred ignored her, "Not that bad. Umbridge just lurked in the corner making notes on a clipboard. You know what Flitwick's like, he treated her like a guest, didn't seem to bother him at all. She didn't say much. Asked Alicia a couple of questions about what the classes are normally like, Alicia told her they were really good, that was it."

"I can't see old Flitwick getting marked down," said George, "he usually gets everyone through their exams all right."

"Who've you got this afternoon?" Fred asked Harry.

"Trelawney —"

"A 'T' if ever I saw one."

"— and Umbridge herself."

"Well, be a good boy and keep your temper with Umbridge today," said George. "Angelina'll do her nut if you miss any more Quidditch practices."

update next week may be late :(

Don't forget to vote and comment <3