102

"Now, Thestrals—we started off with a male an' five females. This one," Hagrid patted the third horse to have appeared, "name o' Tenebrus, he's my special favourite, firs' one born here in the Forest —"

"Are you aware," Umbridge said loudly from her position at the back of the class, "that the Ministry of Magic has classified Thestrals as 'dangerous'?"

Hagrid chuckled, "Thestrals aren' dangerous! They're friendly creatures."

Umbridge wrote something on her clipboard. "Please, continue to teach, I am going to walk around the class."

Hagrid paid her no mind as he continued to teach.

Umbridge immediately went to the only Slytherin in the class, "Have you found any of the creatures Professor Hagrid teaches about to be dangerous to your class?"

She clearly though the girl was going to reply with something she could use against Hagrid, but the whole class loved Hagrid and the creatures he brought in to teach about.

"No," she said simply, staring Umbridge down, "All the creatures we've been taught about by Professor Hagrid, have been well behaved."

With a tight smile, Umbridge hadn't expected this reaction. "But I heard one of the beast attacked a student two years ago...?"

The seventh-year smirked, "Only because it was provoked! And besides, you said 'dangerous to your class', none of the creatures we've been taught about have harmed us. You might phrase your questions better, professor."

Umbridge, clearly peeved, moved off to the next student who just so happened to be Rolf.

Hagrid continued teaching, he asked Lexi, "What do you know about Thestrals?"

"Well, they have an impeccable sense of direction."

"Yeh! Once they're tamed, like this lot, yeh'll never be lost again. 'Mazin' sense o' direction, jus' tell 'em where yeh want ter go —"

"Do you find, that you are able to understand Professor Hagrid when he talks?" Umbridge asked Rolf loudly.

Rolf glared at her, he loved Hagrid as much as Lexi did, "Perfectly, professor."

Umbridge tutted and scribbled on her clipboard. She decided to pick on Lexi and Cedric next, "You can see Thestrals then, can you?"

The couple kept stern faces and nodded.

"Who did you see die?" she asked, her tone indifferent.

Lexi was appalled, Umbridge of course knew who Lexi'd seen die, she felt Cedric's arm tighten around her middle. "My parents!" she spat at the pink woman.

Umbridge ignored her tone and turned to Cedric, "And you, Mr Diggory?"

"S'pose I died, that counts doesn't it?" he uncertainly looked to Hagrid, who nodded uncertainly with a shrug.

The High Inquisitor tutted again and moved over to Malcolm, "And what do you think of them?" she said, waving her stubby hand at the horses, who by now had demolished the carcass.

"I think they're brilliant!" he replied brightly, "If only I could see them... Not to say that I want to see someone snuff it —"

"It's quite alright dear," Umbridge patted his shoulder, looking up at him as the sixth-year was much taller than her.

~

"How twistedly evil can she be?!" Lexi screeched when they reached back to the Entrance Hall after class, a few people stared at her as they passed.

when i met youOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara