28

Indeed had Lexi told Cedric in the morning about the dragons. They'd been walking around the school alone.

"Cedric... the first task is dragons," she said quietly.

"What?" Cedric had heard her quite plainly but was surprised how she knew. "D-Dragons?"

"Hagrid took Harry and I to see them last night. They're big, Ced."

"Wha— I-I don't understand, what do you mean Dragons?" he asked, utterly perplexed.

Lexi refrained from rolling her eyes in this serious conversation, "A dragon, Ced. Four dragons. One for each champion to fight. Do you understand? You. Have. To. Fight. A. Dragon."

"I— okay, wow. Thanks or telling me, guess I should get something ready then." He chuckled gravely and no smile was present on his face.

Noticing the uneasy look on his face, she said, "Hey, it'll be okay. You got this!"

"... yeah..."

That afternoon, Lexi sat in the library with Hermione, Ron and Harry, trying to figure out a way to subdue the dragon on Tuesday evening. They found nothing, except that Hermione was getting annoyed by how Viktor brought a gaggle of fangirls into the library every time he went to read.

At lunch the next day, Lexi was pulled away from the Hufflepuff table by the golden trio and taken to an empty classroom.

"Okay, what are you kidnapping me for?" she asked with her arms crossed as Ron closed the door behind them.

"We found out a way to get past the dragon, or whatever they're gonna make me do..." Harry said somewhat triumphantly.

Lexi's eyes brightened, "Oh cool! What is it?"

Harry then went into an explanation of how Moody said he'd be able to use his wand to summon his broom ad fly from the dragon. They spent the rest of lunch practicing the spell and he was getting better, but Lexi had drawn the line at him skipping Divination.

That night they'd stayed up until two in the morning when Harry had only just managed to get a hold of the spell.

"– Well, now we know what to do next time I can't manage a spell," Harry said, throwing a rune dictionary back to Hermione, so he could try again, "threaten me with a dragon. Right..." He raised his wand once more. "Accio Dictionary!"

The heavy book soared out of Hermione's hand, flew across the room, and Harry caught it.

"Harry, I really think you've got it!" said Lexi delightedly.

"You'll have no problem with it!" Hermione added.

"Just as long as it works tomorrow," Harry said. "The Firebolt's going to be much farther away than the stuff in here, it's going to be in the castle, and I'm going to be out there on the grounds..."

"That doesn't matter," said Lexi firmly. "Just as long as you're concentrating really, really hard on it, it'll come. Harry, Hermione, we'd better get some sleep...you're going to need it." She said the last bit to her brother.

" She said the last bit to her brother

Don't forget to vote and comment <3