49

"Did you ever get a reply from your godfathers? I never asked." Cedric said absentmindedly as they walked around Hogsmeade over a week later.

Lexi smiled—she knew something he didn't—and swung their arms, "I did."

"Well? What did they say?" he asked curiously.

"Said I looked exactly like my mother, 'a beautiful young woman with a shining smile too bright that our world doesn't deserve'." Lexi grinned, "That's what Remus had said, Sirius said he could tell from the photos that I was Lily and you were my James."

Cedric couldn't help the goofy grin spreading over his face, he leaned down to peck her lips, "Well, let's hope Voldy's not after us then."

The couple laughed and Lexi playfully shoved her boyfriend, but her face turned serious a second later, "He wants to meet you— Sirius, that is. Wants to know you're good enough for me."

"And how's he gonna do that?" the Hufflepuff laughed

"Right now."

Cedric's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but Lexi took off running towards the foot of the mountain surrounding the village. The older boy was pulled along buy the short female all the way until they reached a small cave in the mountain.

As they were about to enter, Harry, Ron and Hermione all walked out, wishing Cedric good luck.

Lexi gave her boyfriend one last encouraging and anticipating grin before she let go of his hand and stepped inside, Cedric following. Squealing in excitement, Lexi threw her arms around Sirius Black and the pair embraced as Cedric watched on.

Sirius spotted the Hufflepuff and walked forward, holding out his hand, "Cedric Diggory, I suppose?"

A curt nod from Cedric affirmed that as he shook the man's hand, "Sirius Black— wow, I never imagined this."

The escapee let out a laugh, "No, it's not something you see every day, is it?"

"No, it certainly isn't," said Cedric with a polite smile, "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir. I've heard a lot about you since Christmas."

Sirius chuckled, "I'm a young man at heart, Cedric, call me Sirius."

The Hufflepuff nodded as his girlfriend watched with a smile.

"Do you treat my goddaughter well?"

"I hope I do, she's been my best friend since we were eleven, I give her my best."

A caring smile took place of the old one of Lexi's lips.

Sirius nodded approvingly, "Well, she speaks most highly of you in her letters."—Cedric smirked at his girlfriend—"I'm also Remus' informant until he can properly meet you—not as your professor."

"Ask anything, I have nothing to hide," smiled Cedric.

And that was how the afternoon went until the happy couple had to go back to the castle. Sirius had quickly become 'attached' to Cedric in this time, apparently laughing with his goddaughter and her boyfriend made him feel young again.

"That went well," grinned Alexis as they walked through the castle grounds.

"You think so?" Cedric asked, their fingers entwined.

Lexi squeezed his hand, "Yeah... yeah, I do."

Sorry it took so long to upload, I've been stacked at school (even though it's been online) and I'm going to a wedding this weekend and also visiting my sister

Sorry it took so long to upload, I've been stacked at school (even though it's been online) and I'm going to a wedding this weekend and also visiting my sister. So, my apologies :(

Don't forget to vote and comment <3