117

"Nott!" called Lexi as she walked into the Great Hall, coming to stand right beside the Slytherin table and its fifth-years. "My wand," she said forcefully with her hand held out towards him.

Sure enough, Theodore Nott produced her wand from inside his robes and handed it back to her politely; she thanked him and then parted. Both of them had forgotten he even had it until they were back in their own dormitories, and by then were too tired to find one another.

The next time she ran into Nott was later in the day he and a Slytherin girl in his year (also a member of the Inquisitorial Squad) were trying to take points from a little Hufflepuff possibly in their first year. The little girl was quivering where she stood at almost half of Nott's height.

"Hey, Nott! Davis!" called Lexi, immediately strutting down the hallway to interfere on the little girl's behalf.

"Yes, Potter?" Tracey Davis smiled sweetly at her.

Lexi looked at both of them firmly, shielding the girl who promptly took the distraction to run away. "What do you think you were doing to her?"

"Taking points," supplied Nott simply.

Oh, yes, Lexi knew that the members of the Inquisitorial Squad had been given permission to give and take points from houses. She'd found out when she'd run into Miles Bletchley—whom she shared a couple classes with—and he was attempting to steal points from some Gryffindors by terrorizing them into acting out and then making up stupid reasons to take the points. She'd ended up giving all the Gryffindor's their points back and handing Bletchley a detention.

"Give the girl back her points or I'll give you detention with Filch," she threatened lazily, knowing these two were the softest Slytherins of the bunch.

Like she predicted, Nott and Davis—who she was pretty sure were dating—gave ten points back to Hufflepuff and went on their merry way, promising not to take points unless it was necessary.

As Lexi walked up to her brother, his friends, and the twins at the house point hourglasses, she overheard Harry talking.

"Malfoy just docked us all about fifty points," said Harry furiously, as they watched several more stones fly upwards from the Gryffindor hour-glass.

"Having trouble?" Lexi popped up behind them, causing Ron to let out a very high-pitched sound and jump away from her.

Fred nodded grimly, "All our points are going."

"Montague tried to do us during break," said George.

"What do you mean, 'tried'?" said Ron quickly as he attempted and failed to cover up the noise he let out, ears as bright as his hair.

"He never managed to get all the words out," said Fred, "due to the fact that we forced him head-first into that Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor."

Letting out a laugh, Lexi clapped her hands, "Oh, brilliant! Thanks for that—he tried get me to go to Hogsmeade with him in fourth-year."

Brows pinched together, Fred looked at the Gryffindor crest on her robes in thought, "But fourth-year was when we —"

"Yeah!" she cut him off loudly, hoping to avoid that conversation again. "I know, Freddie."

Hermione looked very shocked and—apparently ignoring Lexi and her own conversation with the twins—claimed, "But you'll get into terrible trouble!"

"Not until Montague reappears, and that could take weeks, I dunno where we sent him," said Fred coolly, looking away from Lexi and shaking it off.. "Anyway... we've decided we don't care about getting into trouble anymore."

"Have you ever?" asked Hermione.

"Course we have," said George. "Never been expelled, have we?"

"We've always known where to draw the line," said Fred.

"We might have put a toe across it occasionally," said George.

"But we've always stopped short of causing real mayhem," said Fred.

"But now?" said Ron tentatively.

"Well, now—" said George.

"—what with Dumbledore gone—" said Fred.

"—we reckon a bit of mayhem—" said George.

"—is exactly what our dear new Head deserves," said Fred.

"You mustn't!" whispered Hermione. "You really mustn't! Lexi, tell them!"

Getting dragged back into this, the Head Girl shrugged, "Y'know honestly, Hermione, if it weren't for needing my NEWTs I'd be tagging along with them to get out of this place."

Hermione, Ron, and Harry all looked horrified.

Gazing lovingly at her two best friends who grinned back at her, Lexi went on, "I'll miss you two though. Won't be at the boat ceremony," she pouted, reaching out to take one each of their hands into one of hers each.

"Oh, c'mon, Lexis," said George with emotion that the three fifth-years most likely had never heard from him before.

"No, I know it's not your path to stay here but I can't help missing you already—my two best friends."

Seeing the tears forming in her eyes as she smiled up at them, Fred shook his head—the same feeling prickling at his eyes too—and hooked an arm over Lexi's shoulders, pulling her body into his. The two of them stood like that for a moment while Ron struck up an argument with Hermione and George watched on intrigued. When the two finally pulled apart, it was with Fred pressing a sweet kiss to Lexi's hair.

"Umbridge would love a reason to expel you!" Hermione continued her argument on why the twins shouldn't cause havoc.

"You don't get it, Hermione, do you?" said Fred, smiling at her. "We don't care about staying any more. We'd walk out right now if we weren't determined to do our bit for Dumbledore first. So, anyway," he checked his watch, "phase one is about to begin. I'd get in the Great Hall for lunch, if I were you, that way the teachers will see you can't have had anything to do with it."

"Anything to do with what?" said Hermione anxiously.

"You'll see," said George. "Run along, now."

Fredand George turned away and disappeared into the swelling crowd descending thestairs towards lunch, dragging Alexis with them all three of them with tripletgrins.

Hello, Lovers! Welcome back to another episode of When I Met You with your host, ReverseAsile! Sooooooooo many things in this chapter OMG!

1. Theo + Tracey my fav non-canon ship, they're so cute!

2. Freddie and Lexi, did you catch that? ... ;)

3. THE BOAT CEREMONY 🥹

4. The twins leaving 😭

Who's your favourite character at this point in the book? Mine's Freddie always :)

Don't forget to vote and comment <3