08

In the morning, the three Gryffindor girls changed into their school uniforms and set off for the great hall together. In their house, they were known as the Three A's because all their names begun with the same letter and they were best friends.

It was a normal day at Hogwarts, like any other, except for all the whisperings about the tournament. Lexi had been wanting to talk to Cedric all day but they'd had no classes together and hadn't passed each other in the halls or a breakfast either.

Their last class today was Defence Against the Dark Arts, their first with Moody. Lexi took her usual seat but instead of Cedric next to her, Alicia sat.

"Sorry, I didn't want to sit with Warrington," she said when she sat.

Lexi looked around the class and saw that all the seats were taken but one at the back next to the tall Slytherin.

"S'alright," she replied to her best friend.

At the last moment, Cedric walked in and caught Lexi's eye, she smirked and winked before turning to the front. Not a moment later, Moody burst through the doors and waved his wand at the chalkboard.

"Professor Moody," he growled, "Ex-Auror or our ministry malcontent. I am here because Dumbledore asked me. Goodbye, the end. Any questions?"

His magical and non-magical eye scanned the room, stopping briefly on Alexis. No one raised their hand, too shocked and afraid to speak.

"Now!" he clapped his hands together, "The Unforgiveable Curses! The ministry does not seem it fit for you to know this, but I say you should be prepared for it when it comes. Can anybody tell me how many there are?"

Lexi was stunned, why was he teaching us this?!

A Slytherin girl raised her hand, Moody asked her name, "Alice Fenway. There are three, sir."

"Correct!" Moody said taking a large spider from one of the many jars around the room. "Give us an example someone?"

George tentatively raised his hand, Moddy called on him, "The Imperius Curse."

Moody's eye scanned him for a second, "You're a Weasley, aren't you?" George nodded, "Yes, your father would know about that one." He pointed his wand at the spider, "Imperio."

He made the spider jump around the classroom and do tricks, receiving laughter from the students. Then he made it dance on the water of a glass jar, silently threatening to drown it, the class fell silent.

"Next one!" he pointed to someone at the back of the class.

"Cedric Diggory, sir," the Hufflepuff's deep voice reached Lexi's ears, "The Crutiatus Curse, torture curse."

Moody grunted and cast the curse at the spider on his desk, it writhed in pain and let out small squeals. It was hard for them to watch and Moody seemed to momentarily forget he was teaching.

Alicia grabbed Lexi's hand underneath the table and they both gripped to the other.

"Last one!" he said when he stopped.

Lexi looked around, no one dared raise their hand. Alexis had experience with this curse and it always brought back painful memories.

Cautiously and regrettably, the Gryffindor raised her hand.

"Potter!" Moody called out and all eyes turned upon her.

"T-The Killing Curse," she stuttered.

Moody nodded sadistically and moved the spider to hers and Alicia's desk, Lexi flinched. He was going to do this in front of her?!

"Avada Kedavra!" he hissed.

The green flash of light filled the room and blinded Lexi once more, she shut her eyes as tears came to them. Alicia squeezed her hand tighter, but she couldn't do this.

Grabbing her bag and releasing Alicia's hand, Lexi ran from the class with tears down her cheeks.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3