79

It was some minutes later, after the common room had filled up and Harry had walked through the throng of people whispering about him that Lexi heard some faint shouting coming from his dormitory and decided to check it out.

"... She thinks I'm a liar and Dumbledore's an old fool?" Lexi heard Harry's voice when she got close to the door.

"Yeah, something like that." Seamus.

It was quiet for a few moments and Lexi was just about to head downstairs again when Seamus said something that made her freeze.

"Look, what did happen that night when... you know, when... with Cedric Diggory and all?"

"What are you asking me for?" Harry retorted, his voice rising. "Just read the Daily Prophet like your mother, why don't you? That'll tell you all you need to know."

"Don't you have a go at my mother," Seamus snapped.

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar," said Harry.

"Don't talk to me like that!"

"I'll talk to you how I want —"

Harry didn't finish as Lexi came through the door with a stern look on her face, "Is there a problem here, boys?"

Harry turned back to Seamus, "If you've got a problem sharing a dormitory with me, go and ask McGonagall if you can be moved... stop your mummy worrying —"

"Leave my mother out of this, Potter!"

"What's going on?" Ron had appeared in the doorway. His wide eyes travelled from Harry, who was kneeling on his bed with his wand pointing at Seamus, to Seamus, who was standing there with his fists raised. He looked confusedly at Lexi but she just sighed.

"He's having a go at my mother!" Seamus yelled.

"What?" said Ron. "Harry wouldn't do that—we met your mother, we liked her..."

"That's before she started believing every word the stinking Daily Prophet writes about me!" said Harry at the top of his voice.

"That's enough!" Lexi raised her voice and all of the boys in the room turned to her with pink faces. "Seamus—calm down!"

But Seamus rounded on her now, "You believe all the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who, do you, you reckon he's telling the truth?"

Lexi scoffed and stepped forward, Seamus flinched back and she immediately felt bad, "Of course I do, he's my brother! I'll believe anything he says."

"And here," agreed Ron angrily.

"Then you're both mad, too," said Seamus in disgust.

Harry looked at his sister and best mate thankfully but still had anger clear on his face.

"Alright, Seamus, listen here —" the Head Girl stepped threateningly closer to him and the look on her face was angry "— I will respect whatever opinions you hold yourself to, but I won't have you disrespecting someone else's. You're free to think whatever you like about me, about my brother, about anyone—but if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it. The next time I hear you doing this, I'll put you in detention." Seamus cowered back and looked at her in fear. "Got it?"

He nodded three times and she backed away, satisfied.

"Anyone else's parents got a problem with it?" Ron back her up aggressively.

"My parents are Muggles, mate," said Dean, shrugging. "They don't know nothing about no deaths at Hogwarts, because I'm not stupid enough to tell them."

"My gran says that's rubbish," piped up Neville. "She says it's the Daily Prophet that's going downhill, not Dumbledore. She's cancelled our subscription. We believe Harry," said Neville simply. He climbed into bed and pulled the covers up to his chin, looking owlishly over them at Seamus. "My grans always said You-Know-Who would come back one day. She says if Dumbledore says he's back, he's back."

Lexi observed the room before nodding, pleased. She smiled at Harry who mouthed a thank you, "Night boys," she said before leaving the room.

 She smiled at Harry who mouthed a thank you, "Night boys," she said before leaving the room

So... the queen died. Uhm. yeah. i'm related to her— was related. Found out I'm also related to Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Neil Armstrong, John Wayne, Jesse James, Mary Tyler Moore. Not the point—

May Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II rest in peace.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3