44

Lexi whipped her head around to see her friend and the Durmstrang man walking towards their group, everyone staring after them, Hermione was positively beaming!

Harry was standing with his mouth agape, staring at his best friend. Fleur looked impressed, Lexi was grinning for her friend and if she was being honest, Cho looked a bit jealous.

Hermione and Viktor reached the group, she greeted her friends as she held onto Viktor's arm—he looked like he had won the lottery.

"She looks beautiful, doesn't she?" Lexi whispered to Cedric, smiling.

The Hufflepuff nodded but was looking at Alexis, "She does."

Professor McGonagall called them to stand in lines and follow her into the hall not a moment later and follow her into the great hall. Fleur and Roger Davies went first, then Viktor and Hermione, Cedric and Lexi and lastly, Harry and Cho.

All eyes were on them as they walked up to a large round table at the top of the hall. Lexi caught Ron and his brothers gaping at Hermione as they went and nearly started laughing but composed herself in time.

When they reached the table, Lexi made sure to pull Cedric to the side where their back wouldn't be facing the other tables and when he asked why, she responded with:

"I don't like people staring at my back, it creeps me out."

He just laughed and rubbed her arm.

They had managed to seat themselves in between Hermione and Krum and Lexi's side and Fleur on Cedric's side. It was nice, at least they'd have people to talk with.

As the feast went on, Cedric and Lexi had mainly stayed chatting between themselves, often though, Lexi would mention something to Hermione and the pair of girls would set off talking about it.

Lexi and Percy had talked for a couple short minutes, they had lived together for the fast six-ish years and were practically family.

When everyone had eaten, Dumbledore and the rest of the hall rose to their feet. Then, with a wave of his wand, all the tables zoomed back along the walls leaving the floor clear, and then he conjured a raised platform into existence along the right wall. A set of drums, several guitars, a lute, a cello, and some bagpipes were set upon it.

The Weird Sisters now trooped up onto the stage to wildly enthusiastic applause; they were all extremely hairy and dressed in black robes that had been artfully ripped and torn.

The champions moved to the dance floor as the band struck up a slow tune. Cedric guided Lexi gracefully around the floor as they danced, lifting her up easily and her dress flowing outwards as she spun.

She noticed Harry struggling with the steps and making it even more uncomfortable for Cho, Lexi felt sorry for the girl.

Out of the corner of her eye, Lexi saw Fred with her camera which had been resting on the table at her seat, but was now in his hands snapping photos of them while they waltzed.

"Smile, Ceddy, you're on camera," she said softly with a laugh in her tone.

But Cedric was already grinning, "Wasn't aware they recorded this—or even knew how to."

Lexi rolled her eyes lovingly, "No, but Fred does."

Don't forget to vote and comment <3