65

"I've been meaning to tell you, Sirius," Mrs Weasley started, "there's something trapped in that writing desk in the drawing room, it keeps rattling and shaking. Of course, it could just be a boggart, but I thought we ought to ask Alastor to have a look at it before we let it out."

"Whatever you like," said Sirius indifferently.

"The curtains in there are full of doxys, too," Mrs. Weasley went on. "I thought we might try and tackle them tomorrow."

"I look forward to it," said Sirius. They heard the sarcasm in his voice, but Mrs Weasley didn't seem to notice.

Tonks was showing off her Metamorphmagus abilities to Hermione and Ginny, Lexi was laughing with the two younger girls and telling Tonks to show them a specific one.

Later, after three helpings of rhubarb crumble and custard everyone was relaxing around the table in their own worlds. Ginny had lured Crookshanks out from under the dresser and was sitting cross-legged on the floor, rolling Butterbeer corks for him to chase. Lexi watched the youngest Weasley from the arms of her boyfriend.

"Nearly time for bed, I think," said Mrs Weasley with a yawn.

"Not just yet, Molly," said Sirius, pushing away his empty plate and turning to look at Harry. "You know, I'm surprised at you. I thought the first thing you'd do when you got here would be to start asking questions about Voldemort."

The atmosphere in the room changed so quick, some people were looking around in confusion (Ginny and Ron). Where seconds before it had been sleepily relaxed, it was now alert, even tense. A frisson had gone around the table at the mention of Voldemort's name.

"I did!" said Harry indignantly. "I asked Ron and Hermione but they said we're not allowed in the Order, so —"

"And they're quite right," said Mrs. Weasley. "You're too young. It's bad enough Lexi and Cedric are in it."

The happy couple said nothing, just both looked somewhat guiltily at the tabletop.

Remus looked at Mrs Weasley, "It was both mine and Sirius' decision to let Lex into the Order, and we agreed that she was of age and it was also her choice. It was completely up to Cedric's parents to let him in."

Lexi spoke up next, "And we both want to be in it, we're fully aware of the risks—besides, we're still in school, we're not allowed to do anything for the Order yet, just listen in."

Mrs Weasley did not reply, and Sirius started next, he was still hanging onto what she said before.

"Precisely! And since when did someone have to be in the Order of the Phoenix to ask questions?" asked Sirius. "Harry's been trapped in that Muggle house for a month. He's got the right to know what's been happen —"

"Hang on!" interrupted George loudly.

"How come Harry gets his questions answered?" said Fred angrily.

"We've been trying to get stuff out of you for a month and you haven't told us a single stinking thing!" said George.

"'You're too young, you're not in the Order,'" said Fred, in a high-pitched voice that sounded uncannily like his mother's. "We're the same age as Lexi and Cedric! Harry's not even of age!"

"It's not my fault you haven't been told what the Order's doing," said Sirius calmly, "that's your parents' decision. Harry, on the other hand —"

"It's not down to you to decide what's good for Harry!" said Mrs. Weasley sharply. "You haven't forgotten what Dumbledore said, I suppose?"

"Which bit?" Sirius asked politely.

"The bit about not telling Harry more than he needs to know," said Mrs. Weasley, placing a heavy emphasis on the last three words.

"Then we'll only tell him what he needs to know," Lexi spoke up, sick of all the arguing.

Everyone turned to the oldest Potter and seemed to settle for her word, though Mrs Weasley had a slightly disapproving look that scared Lexi.

So... my crush asked me out and we went and saw Thor 4 (I'd already seen it), but it's not a 'date' because I'm not allowed today till my birthday—BUT IT STILL HAPPENED OMG

Don't forget to vote and comment <3