07

The group of Gryffindor sixth years—and fifth year—were some of the last to leave the Great Hall, they'd sat in disbelief, staring at each other.

"They can't do that!" said George, who was standing up and glaring at Dumbledore. "We're seventeen in April, why can't we have a shot?"

"And I'm in January!" Lexi interjected.

"They're not stopping me entering," said Fred stubbornly, also scowling at the top table. "The champions'll get to do all sorts of stuff you'd never be allowed to do normally. And a thousand Galleons prize money!"

"Yeah," said Ron—the trio joining the conversation—a faraway look on his face. "Yeah, a thousand Galleons...."

"Come on," said Hermione, "we'll be the only ones left here if you don't move."

She pushed everyone off the benches, Alexis, Fred, George, Lee, Angelina, Alicia, Katie, Harry, Ron groaned before they set off for the entrance hall, Fred and George debating the ways in which Dumbledore might stop those who were under seventeen from entering the tournament.

"Who's this impartial judge who's going to decide who the champions are?" said Harry.

"Dunno," said Fred, "but it's them we'll have to fool. I reckon a couple of drops of Aging Potion might do it, George..."

"Dumbledore knows you're not of age, though," said Ron.

"Yeah, but he's not the one who decides who the champion is, is he?" said Fred shrewdly. "Sounds to me like once this judge knows who wants to enter, he'll choose the best from each school and never mind how old they are. Dumbledore's trying to stop us giving our names."

"People have died, though!" said Hermione in a worried voice as they walked through a door concealed behind a tapestry and started up another, narrower staircase.

"Yeah," said Fred airily, "but–"

"Hey!" Lexi cut off Fred, "Angelina, you're seventeen in October, right?"

The girl in question had just been listening but not speaking, she looked up to meet Lexi's eyes, "Uh, yeah, I am."

"You're so lucky!" the younger girl groaned, a few of the others did too in realization that one of them could enter.

They continued talking all the way back to Gryffindor Tower, they finally all departed at the foot of the dormitories. The girls went one way, the boys, the other way.

Angelina, Alicia and Alexis bid Hermione and Katie goodnight and walked up to their own dorm.

"Ugh!" Lexi grunted as she threw herself onto her own four-poster bed with scarlet hangings. "I wish I were you Ange."

Angelina just laughed and they all got dressed for bed.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3