71

There was a knock at the door the next morning and Lexi opened the door to find Cedric with a smile, she kissed his lips and smiled as she called back into the house for Sirius.

Padfoot came busting out the door with excitement, he began running around their legs happily. Lexi and Cedric laughed together as they held hands and assumed their role of the young couple walking their black dog.

They didn't notice Remus watching them fondly through the window as they walked down the street, Sirius chasing after birds and cats like he would at Hogwarts years previous.

"Where're we going then?" asked Cedric quietly.

Lexi smiled, "Pad is going to show us where he used to go during summer holidays when he was back here."

Cedric and Lexi followed on as they walked through muggle London, Padfoot leading the way. They watched as young kids and teenagers would stop and ask to pet the dog, to which Padfoot would happily respond.

When they were asked why he had no collar or leash, Lexi simply said: "He's an intelligent dog, it often seems as though he's a human. He doesn't need one."

It was an hour after they'd left the house that they finally arrived at a large green space with a small wood at the far side and a mini lake in the middle. There was a children's park and benches for seating around the paths that weaved through the tall trees.

Lexi watched Sirius paw his way to the lake's edge, he sat there with a demeanour that made him look sad.

Cedric looked around, "Where are we?"

"Pad said that this is where he'd come when he could escape the house, an open space where if his family came looking for him, they wouldn't be able to do anything—though, they never did look for him." Lexi explained.

The couple sat on a bench near the lake, "Apparently, though, once Regulus did follow him from the house. They both ended up here and neither one of them said anything.

"He'd come here to meet my dad, Remus and Peter, they'd bring a football—even though none of them played—and just have fun. Forget about life for a while."

Cedric listened, "It is peaceful here."

Soon, Padfoot turned back to them and pawed at Lexi's knee, gaining their attention to follow him. The black dog led them through the trees to a specific one where there were carvings of initials all over it.

Standing on his hind legs, the dog put a paw over a certain set of initials then sat back so they could see. Lexi gasped as she saw what was engraved into the wood, a smile crept onto her face.

J + L

"James and Lily..." Cedric said quietly.

Lexi turned to her boyfriend, "We need to do it, do you have a knife of you?"

Cedric looked appalled, "Why would I have a knife on me?! I'm a wizard not a muggle, my self-defence is my wand!"

Padfoot nudged Lexi's leg and he pawed at a sharp rock on the ground. Lexi started carving right below her parents.

C + L

Don't forget to vote and comment <3