46

It was nearing half past eleven when the new couple walked back into the great hall. They didn't make it far when they saw Ron shouting at Hermione, then as she sent Harry and Ron to the tower, she collapsed onto the staircase.

Alexis turned to Cedric and he smiled softly before kissing her forehead, "G'night, love."

The Hufflepuff then took the path that led to the kitchens instead of back into the great hall. Lexi wasted no time in hurrying to Hermione's side and taking the younger girl in her arms, whispering words of comfort in her ear as she cried.

It wasn't much longer later when the other girls noticed their presence on the stairs and came to comfort the younger girl too, all of them ditching their dates for a friend.

Together, they brought Hermione back up to her dormitory in the Gryffindor Tower and let her rest alone, then they each went to their own room, showering and changing into their night clothes.

Before getting into bed, Lexi went back downstairs to check if the boys were back, intending on heading up into their rooms, but found them instead, sitting on the sofas with a stack of photos in front of them.

"Hello, boys!"

The three of them turned and smiled, George spoke first, "Hey, where'd you all go?"

Lexi sat down on the floor by the fire, "Oh, well, you're brother was being a dick to Mione and we brought her back."

Fred laughed, "What's new with Ron."

They all laughed this time, then Lee asked something, "How'd you enjoy your night with the champion then?"

With a grin gracing her features, Lexi sighed, "It was magical! He asked me to be his girlfriend actually..."

"About damn time!" they all laughed and she blushed.

"Anyway," George started, "you can tell from all the photos."

Then they all started filtering through the moving pictures, laughing and grimacing at the nights events. One picture caught Lee amid a silent scream while Alicia looked like she was going to murder him.

Another photo was of George picking Katie up by her waist and carrying her away from an older student. Even though they'd gone as friends, he was serious about him being her only date.

There was one photo though that captured the perfect moment between Lexi and Cedric, they were staring at each other like no one else was in the room. They had been dancing at the time.

"How long did it take you to get all these up here?" Lexi asked curiously.

"Not too long actually," said Fred.

George nodded, "Yeah, we stuffed them in our pockets and dropped a lot! Looked ridiculous!"

Lexi laughed, "You guys know you're wizards, right?"

"I –" but Lee didn't finish that sentence because he had no words and it just made Lexi crack up even more.

Best friendship 😭😫 #LeeAndLexi4Lifers

Don't forget to vote and comment <3