10

Several people screamed, Lexi noticed something white-hot graze the side of Harry's face and quickly ducked to miss it

"OH NO YOU DON'T, LADDIE!" screamed Moody.

The Potter's and Ron spun around to see his wand pointed at a white ferret. The silence in the entrance hall was terrifying.

"Did he get you?" Moody growled to Alexis and Harry. His voice was low and gravelly.

It occurred to Lexi that Draco must have been about to jinx them but she didn't want to talk to Moody, not after that.

"No," said Harry, "missed."

"LEAVE IT!" Moody shouted suddenly.

"Leave— what?" Harry asked, bewildered.

"Not you— him!" Moody growled, jerking his thumb over his shoulder at Crabbe, who had just frozen, about to pick up the white ferret.

"I don't think so!" roared Moody when the ferret ran off, pointing his wand at it again—it flew ten feet into the air, fell with a smack to the floor, and then bounced upward once more.

Moody made the ferret bounce in the air while Cedric came over to Lexi, she absentmindedly thanked him and took her books back, gaping at the scene before her.

"Never—do—that—again–" said Moody, speaking each word as the ferret hit the stone floor and bounced upward again.

"Professor Moody!" said a shocked voice.

Lexi took and angry McGonagall as a sign to leave and she dragged Cedric into the great hall.

"That was golden!" Cedric stated as he sat with Lexi at the Gryffindor table.

"It was!" she laughed bitterly.

A few minutes later, Harry Ron and Hermione sat down across from them. "Don't talk to me," Ron stated dreamily.

"Why not?" asked Hermione, as Lexi put a bite of mashed potato into her own mouth.

"Because I want to fix that in my memory forever," said Ron, his eyes closed and an uplifted expression on his face. "Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

The five of them laughed and soon Hermione left for the library, Fred and George replaced her.

"Moody!" Fred said. "How cool is he?"

"Beyond cool," said George, answering his twin.

"Supercool," said Lee, sliding into the seat beside George.

Cedric cleared his throat and the three looked at him before seeing Alexis and realizing what they said, she had a small scowl on her face.

"I—uh—sorry—I mean he's awful!" George rushed, Fred and Lee said something similar.

Harry and Ron were thoroughly confused, "What?" they asked in unison.

"... Uh, we had him this afternoon," Fred told Harry and Ron, they raised their eyebrows for an explanation. "And he—he kind of—he–" Fred stuttered not knowing how to phrase it without offending Lexi.

"He did the killing curse right in front of me!" The girl in question stated simply with venom in her voice.

"What!?" said Harry angrily. He knew what this meant to his sister, she could remember more about their mother's death than he could.

"Yeah..." she mumbled.

"We haven't got him till Thursday!" said Ron in a disappointed voice, clearly unaffected by Lexi's statement.

Annoyed and slightly angered, Lexi bid Cedric goodnight and stormed off to her dorm in the far tower.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3