41

Christmas morning came and the girls all opened their gifts in their dorms before heading down to the common room for the boys.

Alexis didn't have many gifts, she didn't like buying them and rather'd her friends spend time with her instead of buying a gift. They all knew how special it was for her to just spend time with them, it was an after effect of her parents death.

Although, Lexi did receive a few presents, like a small snow globe of London from Harry, some chocolate from Remus, a dog pin from Sirius and a sweater from Molly.

The only gifts she bought were for Harry, Cedric and the exception of Lee—it had been a classic snake in a can prank and he'd screamed when he opened it, it was hilarious. She'd framed for Harry a picture of their family he hadn't seen yet and slipped it into his pile.

When the boys had come down from their dorms a few minutes after they had, Harry threw his arms around his sister and muttered many 'thank you's'.

The golden trio headed out for breakfast while the other girls waited for their friends. A high pitch scream was heard from the doorway and seconds later Lee and the twins burst through and into the common room.

Lee was holding the can and glaring at Alexis who was dying of laughter, the twins came to stand beside the girls and were crying. After a bit of angry yelling from Lee that ended in them all laughing again, the group headed down for their own breakfast.

Cedric was waiting for Lexi when they reached the entrance hall, the girl ran up to the boys and the pair embraced while the others just continued into the hall.

"Merry Christmas!" Lexi said when they parted.

"Merry Christmas yourself," Cedric laughed as he swooped down to capture Lexi's lips in his own.

Lexi giggled but pushed him off when shoved an envelope into his hands, he chuckled and took the letter with a look at the girl before him.

"Should I be worried?" he asked sceptically.

"Yes." Lexi said with a straight face, in all fairness, he definitely should be.

Cedric made a face before opening the letter and reading it through, his face dropped slightly.

"Um, I thought you only had one godfather? Why does it say godfathers?"

Lexi laughed, the letter had been one Remus had sent for her to give to whoever her date was, it read: "We expect you treat our goddaughter well or we'll be after you.—Alexis Potter's godfathers"

"Yeah, uh, there's something I have to tell you later," she said casually, then to distract Cedric, she pulled a longish box from the pocket of her coat. "This is your gift from me."

Cedric took the box and opened it with a smile, inside was a sunflower yellow tie, Lexi looked into his brown eyes, "For tonight," she whispered.

"It's very charming, Lex, makes me wonder what you'll be wearing."

Cedric wore a smirk and one of his hands made its way to Lexi's waist but she slid out of his grip.

"Nuh-uh, Ceddy, you'll just have to wait and see!"

"Tease!" he kissed her forehead and pulled a small box from his own jacket pocket. "For you, love."

Lexi took the box with a smile and opened the lid, inside was a sparkling silver necklace, she gasped. On the small slip of metal was engraved the word 'gryffinpuff'.

"Oh, it's beautiful, Cedric!" she exclaimed as she hugged her best friend.

"The best for the best."

Cedric is my soulmate :)

Don't forget to vote and comment <3