76

Unlike her brother, Alexis had woken up at the right time and was able to get ready to leave for the platform at an appropriate speed. Whereas she had shaken Harry and Ron awake upon seeing them still in bed.

Lexi and Ginny had been going downstairs together when Fred and George decided to bewitch their trunks to fly themselves downstairs instead of carrying them. This had resulted in the trunks nearly knocking Ginny and Lexi over save for the fact that Lexi quickly apparated them both out of the way.

Mrs Weasley immediately started shrieking at the twins and woke Mrs Black up, who also started yelling. Lexi was quick to calm the portrait down and inform her that they were leaving the house now (not completely true as some people would still be staying).

They'd be walking to King's Cross Station as it wasn't far away and would also be taking a guard from the Order.

"Harry, Alexis, you're to come with me and Tonks," shouted Mrs. Weasley. "Leave your trunks and your owl, Alastor's going to deal with the luggage... Oh, for heaven's sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!"

A bearlike black dog had appeared at the Potter sibling's side as he was clambering over the various trunks cluttering the hall to get to Mrs Weasley.

"Oh honestly..." said Mrs Weasley despairingly, "well, on your own head be it!"

She wrenched open the front door and stepped out into the weak September sunlight. Harry and the dog followed her. The door slammed behind them.

"Where's Tonks?" Harry said, looking round as they went down the stone steps of number twelve, which vanished the moment they reached the pavement.

"Up at the corner." Lexi replied, she'd been briefed about this

An old woman greeted them on the corner. She had tightly curled grey hair and wore a purple hat shaped like a pork pie.

"Wotcher, Harry, Lexi," she said, winking. "Better hurry up, hadn't we, Molly?" she added, checking her watch.

"I know, I know," moaned Mrs Weasley, lengthening her stride, "but Mad-Eye wanted to wait for Sturgis... If only Arthur could have got us cars from the Ministry again... but Fudge won't let him borrow so much as an empty ink bottle these days... How Muggles can stand travelling without magic..."

But the great black dog gave a joyful bark and gambolled around them, snapping at pigeons and chasing its own tail. Sirius scared some cats for the teenager's amusement.

It took them twenty minutes to reach King"s Cross on foot and nothing more eventful happened during that time. Lexi and Tonks had been discussing the former's future as becoming an Auror. Once inside the station they lingered casually beside the barrier between platforms nine and ten until the coast was clear, then each of them leaned against it in turn and fell easily through on to platform nine and three-quarters, where the Hogwarts Express stood belching sooty steam over a platform packed with departing students and their families.

"I hope the others make it in time," said Mrs Weasley anxiously, staring behind her at the wrought-iron arch spanning the platform, through which new arrivals would come.

"They will," Lexi assured her.

"Nice dog!" called Lee as he came up behind Lexi and attacked her with a hug.

"Thanks, Lee," said Harry, grinning, as Sirius wagged his tail frantically.

Lexi laughed and hugged her best friend, she told Lee about her new position as Head Girl and told him to save them a compartment for when she got back. He congratulated her and agreed before hopping on the express.