11

A week or two passed and Lexi's anger towards Professor Moody did not subside, if anything, it got stronger as she thought about it more. Unfortunately for her, things were only just starting.

Lexi tried not to take her anger out on her friends, but they all understood what had happened and didn't blame her for being upset at the teacher.

Harry had told his older sister a couple of weeks back about Sirius' reply to his letter and they'd both written separate letters to him but sent them both with Hedwig. He hadn't showed up yet, so that was a good sign.

Last Sunday was Cedric's seventeenth birthday, he hadn't wanted to do a big celebration. So, instead, him and Lexi disappeared from the castle and under the shade of a large tree in the middle of the lake, they lay for the day.

They'd brought a small bag of food from the kitchens and a cake with white frosting and Cedric's name in pink, swirling letters. The best friends lay in silence, laughed, ran around chasing each other, climbed the tree, took photos of each other with an old camera and had a cake fight.

By the time they got back to the castle that night, it was well past midnight. But being prefects of their own respective houses, they weren't questioned—neither were they found by anyone. Cedric walked Lexi to her tower and they bid goodnight.

"Happy birthday, Ced," she whispered as she leant up and left a kiss on his cheek.

Lucky for Lexi, she didn't have any subjects till lunch, so she willed herself to sleep in. When she finally did wake up she was ambushed by her friends about her whereabouts of the previous day.

Instead of answering them, she went to sit beside Cedric at the Hufflepuff table with his friends. When she reached for the toast, Amber Reidan—the other sixth year Hufflepuff prefect—noticed something about the pair.

"I like your bracelet, Lexi," she said.

Lexi looked up, "Hm?" she hummed with a full mouth. Then she comprehended what the other girl said and a pink tinge came to her cheeks. "Thanks!"

Amber then turned to Cedric, "I like yours too, Ced, are they the same?" the girl wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Cedric chuckled at his friend then turned to Lexi with a warm smile, "Yeah. Birthday gift."

Lexi returned the smiled then looked down at their side-by-side wrists. 'When I...' was engraved on a small silver slip tied to the black string of Cedric's bracelet, on Lexi's were the words, '...met you'.

"LEXI! Come back here!" Fred shouted.

Alexis laughed without turning around and smiled at the Hufflepuffs, "This'll be about yesterday. See you's!"

The group muttered goodbyes, Cedric and Lexi stared just a little longer than necessary at each other before she finally joined the Gryffindors, which consisted of: Fred, George, Lee, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Katie, Angelina and Alicia.

"Well hello people I room with!" Lexi fake cheered with a smile dripping sarcasm.

"Where were you yesterday?" Harry demanded.

Lexi chuckled at his protectiveness as she sat down across from him and in between Hermione and Angelina, "Chill, little bro. I was with Cedric."

"The whole day?!" George interjected.

The older Potter raised her eyebrows, "Yah." All five of the girls giggled, they were assuming things... like always. Lexi turned to them, with an appalled expression, "It was his birthday!"

A look of realization dawned on some faces, Harry spoke again, "We didn't see you the whole day, we thought you were dead!"

There was a pause of silence where everyone stared at Lexi, "... well, I'm not."

Don't forget to vote and comment <3