118

Turns out, Fred and George had dragged Lexi with them only to dump her with Lee in the Gryffindor Tower. The two of them could hear the firework bangs underneath them in the castle but stayed put for the while. Why? Honestly, Lexi was just following Lee's charge and he for some other reason wasn't leaving the common room.

Eventually they left the common room about an hour or so later because they had Herbology (which Lexi didn't even know why Lee had chosen to take it this year). During the class, Professor Sprout was a hero among the Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs as she kept—like all the other teachers—calling Umbridge to come take care of the fireworks, even the smallest ones. Umbridge was pissed, still trying to find the culprits who hadn't turned up to class today.

That night, Fred and George were legends in the Gryffindor common room, they even had Lexi and Lee helping them take orders from students who wanted to pre-order products.

The only down part to it all was that no one had a nice sleep that night as it was constantly interrupted by the bang! and pop! of passing fireworks. Angelina woke up pretty annoyed in the morning, even going as far to smack both Weasley twins upside the backs of their heads.

In the early afternoon, Lexi was called into Umbridge's office (still located in her classroom as she had been denied entry to the headmaster's office) and she knocked with a few nerves and her "Head Girl" badge pinned to the front of her robes.

"Come in," tutted the pink lady behind the door. Lexi entered and her eyes were immediately assaulted with the onslaught of pink covering the room form floor to ceiling. "Sit down, dear."

Why is she being... nice? Lexi thought to herself as she failed to hide the disgust on her face.

"Tea?"

"Uh, no, thank you," replied Lexi like her response mattered to Umbridge who was already making her a cup with too much sugar. Lexi took the cup gingerly when Umbridge handed it to her, placing it in her lap awkwardly.

Umbridge put on a grossing fake smile that Lexi saw straight through, "Well... drink."

Why is she so persistent on me drinki— Lexi's eyes darted to the cup, Veritaserum.

"Uhm—" Lexi coughed to hide her realization and gently brought the cup to her lips, letting the hot liquid touch her upper lip but not slip into her mouth. She placed it back in her lap once she thought Umbridge was convinced.

"I was hoping to ask you a few simple questions," said Umbridge with the air that she had to be careful around Alexis.

"Alright."

"Where is the location of Sirius Black?"

Brows furrowing on instinct, Lexi almost laughed but she caught herself at the last second and feigned innocence. "I'm haven't faintest clue. Sorry, professor, I was under the impression that you wanted to speak about my education?"

Umbridge's jaw clenched, "Yes, yes, we'll get to that in a moment. Have another drink and see if you're thinking clearer."

Lexi raised the cup like she'd done before and acted as though she was drinking. "I cannot tell you the location of Sirius Black, professor."

"And why not?" the pink toad leant forward in her seat as if she'd discovered something.

"Because I don't where he is."

The vein in Umbridge's forehead twitched violently, "Well, then I guess we should just settle for the location of Albus Dumbledore?"

"I'm afraid I don't know his whereabouts either, professor." Umbridge's eyes sparked. "I think it would really be better if you asked someone who did know, professor." Fire.

"Miss Potter, don't you think that is what I am trying to do?!"

"Well, I don't quite know why you think I'd have those answers. Are we going to talk about my grades now?"

"Dismissed! You are dismissed, Miss Potter!" Umbridge raised her voice in her frustration.

Lexi stood up and turned around, muttering an incantation to make her tea disappear using wandless magic before spinning around like she'd forgotten she was holding the cup and placing it on the desk, exiting the office swiftly.

"Hey— woah! Hey! Lexi, what's the matter?" Lee caught her when she was fleeing the classroom.

"Umbridge is using Veritaserum on students!"

Short one because I'm running out of chapters :( The next part will upload automatically because I'm going camping with my dad <3

Don't forget to vote and comment <3