86

Come time for the first official Gryffindor quidditch practice, Lexi had been avoiding her younger brother in hopes she'd be calmer by the time they had to talk again. All their teammates but Angelina were already in the changing room when Harry and Ron entered.

"All right, Ron?" said George, winking at him.

"Yeah," said Ron, who had become quieter and quieter all the way down to the pitch.

"Ready to show us all up, Ickle Prefect?" said Fred, emerging tousle-haired from the neck of his Quidditch robes, a slightly malicious grin on his face.

"Shut up," Lexi rolled her eyes and smacked Fred's shoulder. Lexi noticed Ron was in Oliver's robes and couldn't help the small choked up feeling she got at remembering the last time she saw them.

"OK, everyone," said Angelina, entering from the Captain's office, already changed. "Let's get to it; Alicia and Fred, if you can just bring out the ball crate for us. Oh, and there are a couple of people out there watching but I want you to just ignore them, all right?"

The spectators happened to be Draco Malfoy and his Slytherin crew.

"What's that Weasley's riding?" Malfoy called in his sneering drawl. "Why would anyone put a flying charm on a mouldy old log like that?"

Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy Parkinson guffawed and shrieked with laughter. Ron mounted his broom and kicked off from the ground and Harry followed him.

"OK, everyone, we're going to start with some passes just to warm up, the whole team please —"

"Hey, Johnson, what's with that hairstyle, anyway?" shrieked Pansy Parkinson from below. "Why would anyone want to look like they've got worms coming out of their head?"

Lexi glared over at the fifth-years, apparently the presence of the Head Girl wasn't enough to keep them from misbehaving.

Angelina swept her long braided hair out of her face and continued calmly, "Spread out, then, and let's see what we can do..."

Harry reversed away from the others to the far side of the pitch. Ron fell back towards the opposite goal. Angelina raised the Quaffle with one hand and threw it hard to Fred, who passed to Lexi, who passed to George, who passed to Harry, who passed to Ron, who dropped it.

The Slytherins, led by Malfoy, roared and screamed with laughter. Ron, who had pelted towards the ground to catch the Quaffle before it landed, pulled out of the dive untidily, so that he slipped sideways on his broom, and returned to playing height, blushing. Fred and George exchanged looks, but uncharacteristically neither of them said anything.

"Pass it on, Ron," called Angelina, as though nothing had happened.

Ron threw the Quaffle to Alicia, who passed back to Lexi, who passed to George...

"Hey, Potter, how's your scar feeling?" called Malfoy. "Sure you don't need a lie down? It must be, what, a whole week since you were in the hospital wing, that's a record for you, isn't it?"

Everyone ignored them... Lexi didn't.

Before anyone could see it coming, Lexi was flying towards the group of Slytherins, her teammates called after her but she didn't listen.

"Silencio!" she pointed her wand at Draco's mouth and suddenly his laughter was cut short. His friends looked from their leader to Head Girl with terrified expressions, Pansy shrieked and demanded he be changed back—she only got halfway through saying his name before she too couldn't speak.

"Get out of here or I do it permanently!" hissed Lexi threateningly.

They didn't see the Slytherins after that.

The rest of practice wasn't any better, in fact it was worse, Katie and Lexi both ended up disappearing to the hospital wing, courtesy of Ron.

this is the good thing about pre-written chapters ahhh.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3