23

When it was all over and they were due at the great hall for dinner, Lexi was asked to talk by Viktor. She accepted politely and told Cedric she'd catch up with him, but he waited outside the classroom.

"I couldn't help but notice your protectiveness of the boy that is your brother," he said it all in his strong accent.

Lexi blushed slightly, "Oh, yeah, well... he tends to get himself into trouble way too often and after everything he's been through, I guess I have a right to be protective." She shrugged.

Viktor thought she must have misunderstood him, "Yes, I think it is very brave of you."

"Thank you, Viktor," smiled Lexi, appreciatively.

"You're velcome." The big seventeen-year-old scratched the back of his neck, "I, um, I wanted to tell you that you reminded me very greatly of a woman I used to know back home. She was, uh, very beautiful, like you."

Now Lexi was blushing, "Um- thank you very much."

"I also wanted to ask you what your friend's name was," the girl cooked an eyebrow, who? "Uh, she has the bushy hair and reads lots of books?"

Oh, "Ohh, you must mean Hermione? The one that always hangs out with my brother?"

Viktor smiled and blushed too, "Yes, she is very pretty."

Lexi beamed, "She is isn't she? Well, her name is Hermione Granger and she's fifteen."

"Thank you very much, Alexis!" he grinned.

"Oh, please, call me Lexi."

Viktor nodded and together they headed out of the classroom, Cedric joining them, he'd waited like promised. The three talked about the tournament on their way to the great hall, where the Durmstrang student departed for his ship.

Lexi joined Cedric at the Hufflepuff table for dinner this time.

"What did he ask you?" the older boy asked curiously, poking at a piece of steak.

Lexi finished her mouthful and looked at her best friend, "He told me I looked like a 'very beautiful woman from back home'." Cedric's eyebrows contracted, she ignored it, "Then he asked about Hermione, I think he likes her, but that's just my observation."

Cedric looked somewhat relieved, he didn't say anything however, just kept eating while Lexi struck up a conversation with Amber Reidan and Erin Kelley beside her.

Don't forget to vote and comment <3