17

During the seemingly very long Halloween feast where Alexis sat beside her brother—for the first time in a while. It was—after all—their parents death anniversary and she wanted to sit with her remaining blood family.

Finally, it was time for the champions to be chosen, and everyone sat of the edge of their seats.

"The goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" - he indicated the door behind the staff table - "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

Silence covered the hall's occupants like a blanket and Lexi glanced nervously at Cedric, he smiled reassuringly back. The flames of the goblet turned red and spat out a piece of parchment, Dumbledore caught it and read it aloud.

"The champion for Durmstrang is... Viktor Krum!"

A storm of applause erupted and Ron shouted: "No surprises there!" Lexi had to agree.

"The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore after a moment, "is Fleur Delacour!"

Lexi and Cedric were two of the few people who clapped loudly on their feet for their friend. Some of the Beauxbatons girls were upset and the applause was less that Krum's.

The Goblet of Fire turned red once more; sparks showered out of it; the tongue of flame shot high into the air, and from its tip Dumbledore pulled the third piece of parchment.

"The Hogwarts champion," he called after a long suspense, "is Cedric Diggory!"

"I KNEW IT!" shouted Alexis over the loud noise from the Hufflepuffs as she jumped onto her best friend. The celebration lasted a minute before Lexi un-clung herself from Cedric and Dumbledore pushed him through to the next room.

"Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real -"

He was cut off by the goblet burning red again as another piece of parchment flew through from it. Everyone was silent and shocked. Dumbledore caught the note and from it he read—

"Harry Potter!"

Don't forget to vote and comment <3