18

No, it couldn't be.

Not a single soul in the hall moved except to look at the boy beside Alexis, so did she as her little brother turned to her.

"I didn't put my name in there!" he said, "You know I didn't!"

Dumbledore called his name again and Alexis stood up, shocking everyone. "I'm sorry, professor, there's been a mistake. My brother did not put his name in that goblet!" she half shouted fiercely.

"It is no mistake." Dumbledore said. "Harry, if you would please come up here."

Hermione pushed Harry out of his seat and he stumbled beside his sister, they looked at each other, fear clear in both sets of green eyes. Reluctantly and aware of all the eyes on them, Alexis grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him up to Dumbledore.

"I go with him."

It wasn't a question and the headmaster did good to accept it. He handed Harry the parchment and the siblings walked into the chamber at the side of the hall, startling the other champions.

"Lex?" Cedric looked up, "What's going o–"

Lexi didn't listen to him, instead she pointed a finger in her brother's face and released his hand, "I swear Harry James Potter! If you are lying to me –"

Harry reared backwards, scared, "I'm not!" he defended himself.

Lexi stared him down for a moment before her eyes softened and she pulled him into her, hugging him tightly.

"I can't believe this..." she whispered into his ear, he didn't reply.

The judges and some teachers entered the chamber, Lexi released Harry and pulled him back to the other champions, her hand immediately finding Cedric's. The boy squeezed when she linked them.

"Extraordinary though it may seem," Ludo Bagman started, "May I introduce the fourth Triwizard champion!"

Fleur and Viktor argued with their headmaster/mistress and Mr Bagman, refusing to believe it. Then the teachers started arguing, outraged.

"It's no one's fault but Potter's, Karkaroff," said Snape softly. "Don't go blaming Dumbledore for Potter's determination to break rules. He has been crossing lines ever since he arrived here –"

"It is not Harry's fault!" Lexi burst out, evil eying Snape.

"Miss Potter, please!" Dumbledore raised a hand to silence her. "Did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire, Harry?" he asked calmly.

"No," said Harry.

"Did you ask an older student to put it into the Goblet of Fire for you?" said Professor Dumbledore.

"No," said Harry vehemently.

"Ah, but of course 'e is lying!" cried Madame Maxime.

"My brother does NOT lie!" Alexis shouted angrily at the large woman. "Stop blaming him for something he clearly wanted no part in!"

"I agree with Alexis." Cedric stated confidently, standing up for his best friend's brother before anyone else could interject.

"Miss Potter and Mr Diggory!" Dumbledore warned them.

The teachers continued fighting about it for several more minutes and Lexi was now holding both Cedric's hand—for her own assurance—and Harry's—to comfort him.

"It seems to me, however, that we have no choice but to accept it. Both Cedric and Harry have been chosen to compete in the Tournament. This, therefore, they will do...." Dumbledore eventually said.

Lexi could feel all three of their hearts drops as well as their hands, she automatically stepped forward.

"I object!"

"As you have said many times, Miss Potter," Dumbledore replied calmly. "But nothing can change this."

Lexi sighed frustratedly, "You can't do this!" she was beginning to cry. "He's fourteen! At least let me help him!" she pleaded for her brother.

Dumbledore and Ludo considered it for a moment, they exchanged glances. "I suppose I could allow that," said the former.

Lexi and Harry's faces brightened and after some objections from the other heads, the headmaster continued.

"Miss Potter, you are allowed to advise and guide your brother through the tournament as a coach."

Alexis internally cheered, "Thank you, professor!" she then wrapped her arms around Harry. "I'll keep you safe," she promised him.

 "I'll keep you safe," she promised him

Don't forget to vote and comment <3