35

As the Potter's walked into the great hall, a few people from the Gryffindor table gave them skeptical looks again, but they were just ignored. Lexi smiled at Cedric as they passed to sit together at their own table, the Hufflepuff was slightly confused as to why she didn't say 'hi' or sit with him, but he let it go.

Lexi sat beside Ginny, Harry beside her and across from them were the twins, Lee and Ron, Hermione was on Ginny's other side. Angelina, Alicia and Katie were a few seats along, Lexi smiled at them.

"All sorted then...?" Fred asked without meeting either Harry's or Lexi's eyes.

The girl gave a small laugh and looked to her brother who looked at her then to Fred, "Yeah..."

No one asked any other questions, they all fell back into normal everyday conversations. It wasn't until they were nearly finished eating that Lexi turned to Ginny with a hushed voice.

"Thank you for checking on him last night, I owe you."

Ginny gave a soft smile to Lexi, "It was no problem and you don't owe me anything, I think everyone wanted to be deaf rather than hear those screams in that moment."

Lexi smiled sadly, "Thank you anyway, really, Gin."

"You're welcome," the thirteen-year-old said rather pointedly.

It was then that George decided to interrupt the two girls, "Your boyfriend's coming over."

Lexi rolled her eyes and turned to see Cedric standing to walk over, Harry's head whipped around too, she realized it would be good for Harry to not be with Cedric right now.

"Bye guys!" Lexi rushed out of her seat but before she left she said one last thing, "He's not my boyfriend."

Cedric grinned as Lexi jogged up to him, the pair walked out of the hall together without uttering a single word.

"You didn't say hi earlier," he said as they exited the great hall doors.

Lexi felt guilty, "Had some trouble last night... didn't want to give Harry an excuse to jump on you."

Cedric stopped them in a mostly deserted hallway, his face was stern, one hand on her shoulder and one on his bag strap, "What trouble?"

The girl flushed, and stuttered, "I-uhm, nothing..."

He didn't believe that, "It's obviously not nothing if you used it as an excuse and said something about Harry. C'mon, what's going on?"

"I–" she didn't want to lie to him, "Harry and I said some things in front of everyone last night and... they weren't very nice..."

Cedric brought the younger girl into a hug, rubbing her back, "If you don't mind me asking, what was it about?"

Lexi pulled away and looked up at him, though not into his eyes, "It started off with you..." Cedric's body weight shifted from one foot to another. "He wanted to know if we had kissed, I didn't want to tell him... he got all upset about it and when I tried to leave, he started yelling about how I couldn't run to mum and dad because they're d-dead."

The Hufflepuff sighed and hugged her again, softer, as if she were a piece of fragile china.

"Then I shouted some things insinuating that he thought I didn't know how it felt to have everything ripped from him. Then I-I left him with the worst words I could utter –" her voice cracked and a few tears slid onto Cedric's robes, "I said 'be glad you can't remember your mother's face as she plead for her life'."

Cedric didn't say anything, he didn't know what to say, he just held her.

My Word is acting up

Don't forget to vote and comment <3